• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

Oh ... the fella that owns the E-Bike shop.

Yep, it's Leonard. I was up there visiting and looking at their R3 track bike and we just made a deal.

Those things look like fun. Slow but fun.

The CRF? Or the E-Bikes? It is slow, but like riding an old dirt bike. I need to go put it around in the pasture a bit. Should be fun.

Yep, it's Leonard. I was up there visiting and looking at their R3 track bike and we just made a deal.

The CRF? Or the E-Bikes? It is slow, but like riding an old dirt bike. I need to go put it around in the pasture a bit. Should be fun.

And like reading a fortune cookie, in my mind I always append an ending. "...on one wheel" in the case of Doug's riding comments. 🤣

Uh... yes? I suppose the ebike could really get up to it's government mandated max speed pretty quick though.

Both sound like a lot of fun but I also like riding underpowered bikes so I'm clearly biased.

Doug came over to MY shop today and we worked on a Goldwing.
He was a bit snooty, but we got it done.

Had fun at Mitch's. He was smiling, trying to get the Gold Wing love. The best part was rolling it outside to get the FM signal to work! LOL.

Enjoyed it. Home in 38 minutes. Got trapped for a bit with a double yellow.

So, today I put the CRF on the lift and swapped the gearing. Now she is 13/42 should be much peppier. Looking forward to it being almost able to get out of it's own way. I also got to use my new inch pound torque wrench and was forced to use a crows foot to torque the sprocket bolts. I also had to grind the head off of one of them since Honda figured that is 37 ft-lbs is the spec the factory should set it 210 ft-lbs. Wow those were tight. I actually spun the bolt head (allen) with my man strength and a box end wrench. Had to be careful with the rest of them. I also got to use my new LED strip head lamp which is also awesome. What a fun day in the scooter shop.

As a public service announcement I would like to say that the Harbor Freight course rotary files are not as tough as a sprocket bolt. I did manage to find my old one and grind the head off of that puppy and a bit of the old sprocket.

A great day was had in the scooter shop and now I wait for bolts and fork seals....

So, as it gets cooler, the CRF fork continues leaking, seems to be excessive to me, but what do I know? Yesterday, my daughter came over and brought a Coach with a Vulcan shafty that needed a rear tire change. I was surprised at how easy it is to remove the wheel on that bike compared to other cruisers I have played with. Good on Kawasaki for engineering it well.

After the repair, we went on a ride about 80 miles with the SMT and the 890 Duke R. Had a great time. Wonderful to spend a day with my daughter just hanging out. Pee Paw is a lucky dog. Life is good. I am well and truly blessed.

There were actually about 6 in the last week. We had Diana, the guy we changed the tire for (old guy, sixty-ish). Norton John has been by recently. Phil who I sold a lift to, came by on Saturday and demoed the 890 Duke R, my buddy Tom, who runs cattle out here, was by as well. Mitch hasn't been by, but Jimmy the Scab came by for the CRF250L forks. I did one seal and discovered I am finally out of fork oil, so I ordered some and I wait.

Phil who I sold a lift to, came by on Saturday and demoed the 890 Duke R,

Thanks again for that. And the visit, you have an awesome place. It was what, 59 or 60 degrees when I left. 75 by the time I got back to Waco. The extra layer I put on had me cooking when I wasn't moving. Oh, and lucky me, I followed a DPS trooper from Laguna Park to about halfway to China Spring. FWIW, we both were doing 68ish in a 60, slightly slower than my trip up there :pirate: .

Thanks again for that. And the visit, you have an awesome place. It was what, 59 or 60 degrees when I left. 75 by the time I got back to Waco. The extra layer I put on had me cooking when I wasn't moving. Oh, and lucky me, I followed a DPS trooper from Laguna Park to about halfway to China Spring. FWIW, we both were doing 68ish in a 60, slightly slower than my trip up there :pirate: .

Well our 8 minute 12 mile ride was pretty good too. But it was starting to get cold...

I consider myself a fly on the wall old fart😆
No one gets this far with thin skin

Last edited:
So, I got the parts in for the CRF250L and started on the forks. The left side is done, going at the right side currently and I have it apart. After I get through posting this, I will probably go out and finish the bike up, including installing the speedo healer and replacing the missing sprocket bolt that I broke. I think she is not long for PPSS though, and I might bring back an old friend in the near future. Funny how motorcycle deals just fall into my lap. Or all of you know I am a soft touch for a bike needing a little "fixing".

IMG_7744.JPG

IMG_7747.JPG

Back