• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

Kickstand switch?
Yep, tells the bike the stand is down, has a pretty elaborate little set up. Seems overcomplicated, but hey, I didn't build it.

Also got the battery for the KLR, installed it and all the stuff works, they shipped the carb parts today, should ride it soon. Then back to the owner. Woo Hoo!

Installed a tender cable too, so she is a-charging.

IMG_6637.JPG

Not much to see....

IMG_6638.JPG

But all the electrics work and the motor spins over, should be simple from here. LOL

IMG_6639.JPG

Jasen: "We have successfully made the worlds ugliest motorcycle, there's no way anyone can make something any uglier than this thing."
Doug: "What if we make it pink?"
Chris: "What if we put a Hello Kitty lunchbox on the back?"
Donna: Doug, DO NOT put the Hello Kitty lunchbox on that bike!
Doug: Yes Ma'am.

Yep, tells the bike the stand is down, has a pretty elaborate little set up. Seems overcomplicated, but hey, I didn't build it.
Those things are so finicky. I always bypass it so I don't have to worry about it failing on me at an inopportune time.

Got the carb sorted on the KLR. Runs like a new one, started right up. In the morning I will slosh some gas in Mr. Tank and make sure the petcock works and hopefully take it home. I got a new toy coming tomorrow so I need a place to let it sit while I admire it. Hee Hee.

LoL.
The KTM 950 SMR add is no longer in the for sale section.
So nudge nudge wink wink.

It's like I don't even know you any more.

Update, I opted out of the Triumph deal and will be retaining the SMR. I couldn't let her go. That said, I have been hunting for a stablemate and that has come to fruition, so I will add another orange beast to Pee Paw's Scooter Shop today. Yes I will post up some pics.

A face only Pee Paw could love.....I do still love it so.

IMG_6641.JPG

Peeked into the KLR tank this morning and to my shock and surprise, it was pristine except for the rotten gas in there (about half a cup) so I cleaned it out, bolted her on the bike put in some gas and rode her around. Runs perfectly. Random petcock leak at first that miraculously healed itself and hasn't leaked again. I think the fuel lubricated it and everything slipped into place. Fires up on a bump, fan cycles, lights work, carburets well off of the bottom. No power, typical KLR. So it will go back home on Thursday or Friday.

THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED!

I made a bike deal with a member of this forum and he brought it over. I backed out of selling my SMR because I love the bike and want to keep it. That said, I got a shot at a 990 SMT and jumped on it. She is purty, runs great and I love her already. Too bad it was so stormy, I will ride her tomorrow. Love the scooter shop, great things keep happening. Another Unicorn for me. After all this, I then took my lovely bride to Sonic and had a Jalepeno double cheeseburger. Then to DQ for desert. Now I am resting waiting for a little dryer weather, then I am off and riding. Woo Hoo indeed.

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6670.JPG

IMG_6674.JPG

IMG_6677.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG

I got a little leak on the right front compression adjuster. Hopefully it is because of use and will get better. If not, I am going to be sourcing some o-rings. Love the SMT. It is everything the SMR is and more.

Well, I have a potential issue, I returned from a "spirited ride" that included wheelies, hard landings and a few stoppies. I saw oil oozing out of the compression adjuster on the right fork leg. Cleaned it up, cycled the adjuster and turned it in 5 clicks and will monitor it.

If I have to fix it, I will probably have to take the forks down and ship the adjusters off to get o-rings fitted. KTM and WP don't list the parts, but you can buy the leg for $1240.00.

IMG_6702.JPG

Also I had a scuff on the left bodywork. I got out the variable speed buffer and some compound and went at it. Looks almost flawless. I will hit it again the next time I take the thing apart. (Parts are ordered)

The scuff was pretty pronounced if you look up at it in the light. Can't see it looking down.

IMG_6707.JPG

8-10 minutes with a buffer and Bob's your Uncle!

IMG_6710.JPG

Then I sat around and cleaned on her. I installed the stock wind screen since the GIVI shield is too high and puts my head in turbulence heck. So I am hoping this will solve that issue, only thing I have any trouble with. This is a beautiful machine, works flawlessly, I am excited to ride it to Thurber on Friday. Also the left foot peg was scuffed and I replaced it with a new spare I had from fixing up the SMR. I replaced a missing exhaust shield bolt and moved the battery tender lead, finally I mounted up the buddy pegs so I can start with a completely stock scooter.

I ordered a set of slip ons (Arrow Aluminum with Carbon caps) and a Rottweiller intake, SAS/Canister delete. Should be some fun in the short term.

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG

IMG_6726.JPG

Back