• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

So it looks like the KTM moped is basically a Sachs Moped rebadged as a KTM. Very similar to the Hercules? Not much information, but if it was orange and had a KTM motor, it would be sweeter. A blue KTM is hard for me to love.
Not sure about the rebadged Sachs part. It seems KTM sourced different engines for their mopeds.

Not sure about the rebadged Sachs part. It seems KTM sourced different engines for their mopeds.

The ones in the pic above both have Sachs motors as did the 1978 one in the for sale ad. YMMV.

KTM sachs.PNG

I know that some of the folks that think this stuff up are probably well intended, but dang some of it is so stupid. But, such is life, as Roger Miller said, "The good ain't forever and the bad ain't for good."

Screenshot_20220425-120754_Chrome.jpg

Miss the PPSS updates... Let me be the first to apologize for whatever I may have typed while off my meds... It has been brought to my attention(intervention) that I may be a self-centered, self-serving, crotchety old person... Of course if it wasn't me disregard...
Carry On

Just haven't done much. About to lower the Super Adventure about 20 mm. That should be mildly entertaining. I went and renewed 4 bikes license stickers for $219.00 to the state plus the $28.00 inspection fees. So in the heat yesterday, I rode the SMR, the SA, the 890 Duke R and the Gold Wing. It was hot, still can just barely lift up the wing from the stand.

Just not a lot going on right now, but soon I may post a bike or two for sale and start in on working on the big 'un.

IMG_0449(1).JPG

Wait what..... Gold Wing???
Last we at PSS heard it was the Harley Phase... Thought the Force was strong in this one...
You may have any color as long as its Black(Henry Ford)...😎

Yep I have a 2002 Gold Wing I want to sell, make you a deal, I need to get it posted up. It was Mitch's, I am selling it for cash for his daughter.

On a side note, I lowered the Super Adventure by replacing the lower shock spring seat got about 10-15mm drop at the shock, about 15-20mm in the rear, lowered the forks 25 mm in the triple and she is sweet and I feel more confident holding her up now. Cost $40.00 shipped, not bad.

Yep I have a 2002 Gold Wing I want to sell, make you a deal, I need to get it posted up. It was Mitch's, I am selling it for cash for his daughter.
If it has three wheels annnnd you buy my Red VStrom..... It could be an Epic Ride&Ride to Nemo.... I'm a frail old man&gold wing= help I've dropped my bike and can't pick it up...😭😫😫😫
Post it up, there's a butt for every seat...
Carry On

So, yesterday, I had to emergency repair the DR-Z70 so my daughter could take them with the family on a trip to east TX. There was water in the gas (ethanol is our friend) and I had to replace the air filter that disintegrated. Jimmy the Scab came over and gave me a sheet of Uni filter material so that is all whipped. Got the bike loaded and sent out. Much fun was and is being had in east TX.

IMG_6077.png

So after the mini-bikes got delivered, I moved on to the tires on the 890 duke R. First I had to put the tires on the warmer for easier installation.

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

I find the warmer very effective. As usual, the front is always more fiddly. KTM saw fit to use an enormous amount of loctite so I got a tap and die and cleaned all the brake caliper mounting threads.

IMG_0744.JPG

New tires, clean wheels and ready to ride.

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Then, I needed to test ride and went up to Chisolm in Godley for breakfast, then did a trip up to Cresson and visited a buddy in Granbury, then came home via FM56, FM51 and US67. Did about 110 miles and had a nice ride, it was 96° when I got home.

Breakfast was worth the trip. Better with Picante.

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771a.JPG

Off we go...as you may have noticed I deleted the for sale ad for the 890 Duke R, not quite through playing with it yet. Still love it.

IMG_0771b.JPG

Screenshot_20220723-142758_Chrome.jpg
Thought you might have been trying reverse psychology on me again🤣... That's how I got into Stroms...
I did some soul searching also as my add languished there... Other than cruise the Strom does everything I want it to and its paid for..
OK rant over, Carry On

So, I have been pretty sick since 7/31/2022. I think I worked in a little bit of everything. This morning I felt really a lot better, so I took a 40 mile spin on the 1290 Super Duke R EVO. Wow! I sure have missed riding my baby. What a wonderful morning for a spin on a scooter. She went out, ate up the road, cruised me, wheelied me, stoppied me, pretty much did it all. I did about 1.4 hours on her, so it was a sweet welcome back. Got home at 1000 just as it hit 90°F. Wonderful morning, need me some more of that.

And, of course, I stopped in town for a touristy shot.

IMG_0816.JPG

Back