• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is the most exotic bike you have ever ridden?

I have rode a bunch of old Harleys but the topper was a 194? Indian 4 cyl. Throttle on the left, tank shift on the right. It belonged to a guy I worked with and he insisted that I ride it. I was scared to death to drop it or damaged it in anyway. Once I got the hang of it I was off :rider:. Still remember that ride to this day.

never owned anything exotic, unless a 68 Bonneville chopper counts, well maybe my Gas Gas JTX270.

I have also rode:
Duc 999
196? Husky 360
1980's YZ490 - That thing was a widow maker
45" HD
103" Stroker Knucklehead Chopper - hand shift, no front brakes.:trust:
145" Bourgett Chopper - What a waste of a great motor
99 Dyna Police Bike with a S&S 124" - I did the advanced rider course on this bike.:trust:
Buell S1 with a S&S 100" prostock motor. 135hp at the wheel.:eek2:

Now I ride a KLR every day.:doh:

Oh my gosh, a Sears Allstate Compact.
My brothers first bike!! He was three
years older than me and I used to take
it out with a football helmet on and ride
it illegally in the neighborhood in Jr. High!
It had a 3 speed shift on the bar (clutch too)
with a smoking two stroke motor. What a gas!
Thanks for the memories!!

My cousin had a 1974 Suzuki GT750 with a Windjammer faring. A two stroke engine that was pretty smooth. I really wasn't old enough to ride it alone, but he took me on several rides. Wow, I thought that was something else.

I had a buddy with a light blue
GT750 with those funky pipes
with black end caps. Very smooth
for a big bore two stroke. And
water cooled too with that one
big Radiator! Windjammer, now
that is a blast from the past!!

I had a buddy with a light blue
GT750 with those funky pipes
with black end caps. Very smooth
for a big bore two stroke. And
water cooled too with that one
big Radiator! Windjammer, now
that is a blast from the past!!

Buell...have you always lived in Montgomery?

Nope,
Lived in Round Rock 20 years
moved here 2 years ago.
Grew up in San Antonio before
that. My Buddy who had the
Suzuki was in the service and
lived near Waco...

Nope,
Lived in Round Rock 20 years
moved here 2 years ago.
Grew up in San Antonio before
that. My Buddy who had the
Suzuki was in the service and
lived near Waco...

Oh,ok..because my cousin I wrote of, was from outside Conroe. Thought we might be mentioning the same person.

If your cousin still lives
by here and has the old
Suzuki "water buffalo"
I would love to see it....
Very rare to see a running
version now days....

Sparkplug.
Buell S1 with a S&S 100" prostock motor. 135hp at the wheel?
Wow!!
I had a fuel injected 2000 X1 with about 20 horses less and
it was so "high strung" I could hardly keep it running. I have
a 145Hp "at the crank" on my 1125CR. I cannot imagine a
tube framed, air cooled Buell with that much power.
Must have been a rocket ride until the crank blew...

If your cousin still lives
by here and has the old
Suzuki "water buffalo"
I would love to see it....
Very rare to see a running
version now days....

Last I heard, he was down around Houston, but I haven't seen him in a while. Man, last time I saw that Suzuki was 70-something, and it was in pieces. He's a mechanic.

Here is a pic of my 'Watter Buffalo" I did a frame up in '07, not quite all original, but almost.

These bikes are smoothe and dead realible, but not very fast for a 2-stroke.

IMG_0103.jpg

Wayne

Here is a pic of my 'Watter Buffalo" I did a frame up in '07, not quite all original, but almost.

These bikes are smoothe and dead realible, but not very fast for a 2-stroke.

IMG_0103.jpg

Wayne

Nice Wayne...brings back a bunch of memorys. But it needs a Windjammer though..;-):thumb:

Hodaka Combat Wombat.
Captain American replica mini-bike with a 5 horse Briggs and Stratton.

I guess the most exotic bike I've ridden would be my current ride, a 2003 SV1000 naked. I don't consider it exotic at all, but it is somewhat rare. All the other bikes I've riden are extremely common, so this one wins out.

Naked SV1000 are unique bikes and very rare....
Just like Buell's except Suzuki is still in Business!!

My Water Buffalo is not really red. It is a Candy Burnt Orange color. I actually got it a little darker than I would have liked. I probably should have used silver base coat but instead used a color that had both silver and red flakes in it and it is a little darker than intended.

Wayne

Is it ok if I say MY bike is the most exotic? I rode some sort of Yamaha 125cc for the training class, and had ridden my father-in-laws KLR250 some before that. I now have a Ninja 500. Only three bikes I have had the pleasure to ride on, and I loved every minute!

Almost 9 years. Surely there have been some new "exoctics" that have come out since then. Have any of you slung a leg over one, or even better, been able to ride one?

Harley Davidson Livewire a coupleof years ago when they were touring with it looking for consumer imput.

Been off this thread for awhile but my most exotic bike I have owned is a 2015 KTM 1290R Super Duke! It was "Ready to Race"!

Back