• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is the most exotic bike you have ever ridden?

Reaction score
Not owned, just ridden.
I'll start:
Ducati 996SPS and MV Brutale 750.

ducati 999
here's a pic of the one I rode
Duc999.jpg

Owned AND ridden: A Sears Puch 250 "twingle"... And a really exotic Ward's Benelli 125. Never got to own a JC Penney's motorcycle. ;-)

OK, one man's exotic is another man's 'wierd ol' bike'... Sorry, folks!

????????

How did you managed to jump in one of those?:eek2:

nr500_l.jpg

I have riddin every ducati exept the Desmo16 (that can happen in the near futue)

A few bimotas, benelli Tre, MV agusta 750 and 1000R, superdukeR and some other bike i cant think of...

oh and i rolled around in the garage Eric Bostrom's 999RS (ex Troy Bayliss bike) Does this count?:mrgreen:

RG500 Gamma RZ500 Factory race kitted 996 86 GSXR750 Limited Spondon framed TZ250 and last but not least Shell TZ250 RUMORED to be one of Kenny's European back ups.
SRAD

I almost forgot, A rode a Walter Wolf RG500 Gama Suzuki 2-stroke as well! What a ride, just like a turbo for sure. As for the Buell 1125R not qualifying, try one before you decide. It is ever bit as fast as a 999S Ducati but I will agree at this point it is not as "exotic" in feel or in overall cost of ownership.
I guess the problem is finding one to ride. The first three I saw rolled in and out of the dealership as fast as the crates could be unpacked. Time will tell.
Buellboy

Ummm, a K75? I've actually only ridden four motorcycles so far. The two I have owned, a 125 Eliminator for the BRC, and a Knighthawk that my buddy owned in 1989. When I rode it down the block and back I had no training, lots of adrenaline, and was probably asking for an object lesson. But while it might have been exciting, it probably wasn't that exotic. ;)

My Buell Thunderbolt. I loved that bike. Why did I sell it? :doh:

Marty Smiths factory CR125 for ten laps in the dome the
year I qualified to ride in the supercross. Had a friend
who owned a Honda dealership and he got me the
ride during practice, the factory bike was so much more
than my bike it was hard to believe they could be called
the same model

in the 70's my brother got hold of a 450 Honda that had been turned into a drag bike. little clip ons and a 4 in ch slick on the back, open headers. We used to run it up and down Decker lane. That was wild.

????????

How did you managed to jump in one of those?:eek2:

I used to work for American Honda. I also built a few XL350 dirt track engines as a consultant to Honda's unofficial "factory" racing efforts in the mid-'70s. I was visiting a test session at Ontario when offered the ride. There was some concern about driveline breakage and I was told to thrash it good (full throttle powershifts, clutch dumps, and such). The idea was if it wouldn't break under my 180+ pounds, it wouldn't break under a much lighter factory rider. The bike was exceedingly quick, I'd guess 125bhp and very light. However, it was sprung way to soft for my fat butt.

Suzuki RE-5, Ducati 900 SuperLight, Bimota SB6R, Honda NC-30, BMW K1, Benelli 750sei, H-D 250MX, Kawi ZX-7RR.....and an Ariel Square 4 when I was too young to really appreciate it.
Does it count if I had one of Ezra Lusk's CDIs on my KX250?

Actually pretty cool, turbo lag like you wouldn't beleive, but when it came on boost it went pretty good. Hnadling was kinda funky with the 16" front and the anti dive forks of the day..
I never had a chance to ride a GPz 750 turbo but I heard it was the baddest of the turbo bikes of the day.

The same buddy actually owned both the XN-85 and the RZ but at different times.

He sold the XN to a dork that put about 300 more miles on it and threw it in a ditch. All that was salvageable was the seat and the ECU unit for the engine.

I didn't know he was going to sell it or I would have bought it from him.
When I learned the bike was totaled, I was pissed..

I have seen pictures of a zero mile XN-85 in the northeast (I think) that the guy wants 30 grand for it.

I'd be happy if I could just find an unmolested 85 or 86 GS1150E for a good price..:doh:

I used to work for American Honda. I also built a few XL350 dirt track engines as a consultant to Honda's unofficial "factory" racing efforts in the mid-'70s. I was visiting a test session at Ontario when offered the ride. There was some concern about driveline breakage and I was told to thrash it good (full throttle powershifts, clutch dumps, and such). The idea was if it wouldn't break under my 180+ pounds, it wouldn't break under a much lighter factory rider. The bike was exceedingly quick, I'd guess 125bhp and very light. However, it was sprung way to soft for my fat butt.

Nice stuff, too bad Honda had to wait another 20+ years to make a 4Stroke that could beat 2 strokes again....

i might add, by far the most uncomfortable bike ive ever ridden, with a VERY aggressive riding position and very top heavy. this bike is built for the race track and nothing else. when used to a smaller sportbike like mine, it was hard not to swerve at low speeds on this bike. but still a friggin sweet machine.

Back