• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is the most exotic bike you have ever ridden?

An automatic Husky and 400 Maico back in the '70s. I can't remember the exact size of the engine but it was an open class enduro bike.

Take your pick which is more exotic, a TZ250 Yamaha or a full on Yoshimura GS750-/850 Superbike road racer near identical to the one Steve McLaughlin rode in 1977 for Yoshimura Suzuki. That's about as exotic as I get, sorry. I can barely spell Ducati, let alone afford one. I didn't own the superbike, rode it in the WERA Lester Wheels Coup de Endurance, national endurance championships in 1979. It broke a lot. We finished 10th nationally.

My Mustang Stallion, which had 10.5 hp. The year was 1964. I was on cloud nine when I was on that beauty. I parked it in front of the Pasadena bowling alley on my sixteenth birthday and climbed into my buddy's 57 Chevy. Later that evening, a guy I knew from school, stole my bike. It was two years later that the Pasadena police called me and said a guy admittted stealing my bike. Nick Edgerly. Hopefully, someday our paths will cross. (true story)

So what qualifies a bike as "exotic"...?

I had almost forgotten about the 2000 model Confederate Hellcat.

Like beauty, it is probably in the eye of the beholder. First time I sat on the Tiger was the most exotic for me. It still stands out in a crowd. :trust: We did a PGR ride last Friday and kinda broke the mold with that bunch. :rider:

TT8.jpg

After what I have seen so far, some bikes definitely aren't exotic. What I meant was something rare. I wasn't asking for a list of what people have ridden. A KLR isn't exactly "exotic".

Oh, we can include bikes we've built for specialized purposes?

CB750K2, Yoshimura .030-over pistons, head, cam, and close ratio trans, Mikunis, RC engineering stroker, CDI ignition, custom 4-1 header with unbaffled reverse cone megaphone, Rickman roadrace frame kit with full fairing, clip-ons, triple discs, Cerianis, Konis, ...

Raced it for 1/2 a season, then figured out I was too heavy to ever be competitive on a national basis. Retro-fitted a stack filters, lighting coil and stock flywheel, and exhaust baffle, mounted lights and horn, and rode it on the street until Sunoco 260 (106 octane required) was no longer available at the pump. Upgraded to mag wheels and modern tubeless tires 2 1/2 years ago, got tired of hassling with appropriate fuel (expensive), and sold it 3 months later.

Boss Hog with a 327/375 Chevy with Rochester mechanical fuel injection. Boss Hoss bikes used to be called Boss Hogs, until Harley sued.

TW200, the only model motorcycle ever ridden to the North Pole. :rofl:

I rode an electric powered toilet once. Does that count?

And other than that, just a Ducati 999r. But the toilet was more fun.

After what I have seen so far, some bikes definitely aren't exotic. What I meant was something rare. I wasn't asking for a list of what people have ridden. A KLR isn't exactly "exotic".

If a person has only been riding for a few years, a KLR might be the most exotic thing they've even ridden.

Or maybe it was a joke. :trust:

Riden

XR750 Harley Davison
XS650/750kit, Knight dirt track frame, Yamaha
Jawa 500 Speedway Bike
TZ250 Yamaha
Scorpa 280 Trials
Sherco 2.9 Trials
Beta 200 Trials
Fantic 200,240,& 300 Trials

Owned

TS350 Jawa
Sherpa T 350 Bultaco
Mick Andrews replica Ossa
TY 250 Yamaha
RL 250 Suzuki
R100RS BMW.... OK it is not rare or exotic but I have wanted one so long it is to me, and that is what counts. The most mundane of bikes can be the grandest ride of all if It pleases its rider.

My Mustang Stallion, which had 10.5 hp. The year was 1964. I was on cloud nine when I was on that beauty. I parked it in front of the Pasadena bowling alley on my sixteenth birthday and climbed into my buddy's 57 Chevy. Later that evening, a guy I knew from school, stole my bike. It was two years later that the Pasadena police called me and said a guy admittted stealing my bike. Nick Edgerly. Hopefully, someday our paths will cross. (true story)
I wanted one of those bad in my early teens.

It might not be exotic to anyone but me but a Harley Electroglide last year. Been riding for 42 years but that was my first Harley, it felt exotic.

Not at all my kind of bike but my buddy bought an Arlin Ness Victory and wanted me to take it down the road. Didn't go very far before I brought it back to him.:giveup:

IMG_6394_800.jpg

I rode this as a kid trying to keep up with those dt 175's and sp 370

1974 Harley AMF Z90

z90sal_1.jpg

My other exotic is my current stead for DS

2001 ATK 604 ES/DS. I am not for sure if it is exotic in my mind. I rarey ever work on it. In the beginning sorting it out I did but now she is steady !

154862889-L.jpg

Mike Green

Strider says my 1150GS... :rofl: That was one of BMW's best selling bikes, so not real rare. Expensive... well, in the grand scheme of things, not really. Unique? Maybe... Not sure how many GS's have done back flips and stayed on their backs after landing... :doh: :flip:

someone tell me:

bikes ridden (not owned)
'03 Speed Triple
'02 Ducati ST4s
'04 Speedmaster

bikes owned:
'04 Speed Four
'03 Sprint ST
'07 Sprint ST

to me the exotics anything you couldn't go test ride at the dealership and it had a "do not sit on" ie. the mv augusta's, 1098S & R's & RR's, benelli, etc. haven't been riding long to enough to think of anything else...

Exotic=Handmade/small production (usally less than 500 bikes)/expensive.

The #1 exotic..? Britten ;)

Back