• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

I design steel band-aids on a 24/7 basis... (pays the bills) :yawn:

I work as support staff for Beth's child management program... :eek2:

I used to run motorcycle tours/trips for a few years (pre kids)... :rider:

Dissident waiting for the black choppers to come and take us away... :wary:

:tab Like my job? Hmmm...? I have one of those jobs with really good perks but also with really big downsides. There are times when I wish I had something with a little less extremes between the highs and lows. The actual work is a bit repetitive as things don't really change much. I often literally do designs in my sleep :doh: One of the big downsides is the total unpredictability of when I will have work or not. It makes committing to anything darn near impossible, which is incredibly frustrating. I long for a time when I do not carry a pager and cell phone.

:tab TWT is where I do what I enjoy. I just can't make a living at it... yet... I'd really like to be able to get back into doing the tours, planning events, etc,... I'd like to have the time to meet other people in the riding industry in Texas to build relationships and create ways to better serve Texas riders. Doing this full time would be the job I'd really like.

Vice Admiral in the Canadian Navy. In charge of Texas Recruting. Here I am on a Training Cruise.
If your looking for adventure and have a high tolerance to bitter cold, please contact me at :
1-800-GO-CANUKS.

Gotta luv that No.1 MkIII

Oversee the purchasing & shipping dept. for Houston based petrochem. pipe & fitting manufacturer. Still dabble in the sales side a bit too.

I'm an artist, musician, writer, and photographer. I also build custom guitars.

mwm10string4a.jpg

http://mcbroomguitars.com

+1 - official job title is Sr. Systems Programmer. But since 'mainframe' has become a dirty word around here, I'm morphing more and more into an SAP Basis administator and Oracle DBA.

Pssst... an IFL engine... a little z/VM... a little SLES... you too can run Oracle on a Big Blue box :lol2:

state worker: traffic engineer for the highway dept

:duck:

a billion dollars math error, look for the likely suspects

milton4.jpg

Pretty much retired now, since I quit my last job in October. I still operate a Pet Cemetery as a sole proprietor as I have for the past 14yrs, and I manage Rental Properties. Thats about a busy as I choose to be.

System administrator for a major distribution company - if my job is going well, I shouldn't be doing hardly anything since it should all be running itself smoothly. Needless to say - at any company there is always a spaghetti of stuff going on and/or breaking.

Got tagged by the zimmerman and hired at his company.

Definitely a job and not a career. I'd love nothing more than to run a repair/custom shop for motorcycles. Oh well.. dreams don't pay bills. I do the work because I'm good at it rather than liking it very much (though that doesn't mean I hate it, just the calls at 3 in the morning because something broke).

I'm an entrepreneur, that's a French word; it means 'unemployed'.:rofl:

Well actually I am employed. I'm part owner and VP of Sales for a scientific software company that we started not quite four years ago. I decided that if I'm going to have to work for a jerk, that jerk may as well be me.:angel:

Starting from scratch we've built a customer base that includes readily recognized names like NASA, M.I.T., HP, and our newest customer: Rolls Royce (aerospace). I was employee number 2, I now have a team of sales people working for me and an international dealer network. Our software won three industry awards last year. It's starting to look like I may actually be able to make a living at this.:dude:

The fun part is I get exposed to a lot of science in a lot of different areas such as nanotechnology, semiconductor, petrography, material science, metallography. We're soon adding neural networking capability, this will open up many new things for us. I get to learn about new technologies that most of you will first read about perhaps five years from now.:borg:

Oversee the purchasing & shipping dept. for Houston based petrochem. pipe & fitting manufacturer. Still dabble in the sales side a bit too.

need to get together and do some of the afformentioned networking, hehe.

Forensic Video Analyst.
I work with video in relation to criminal cases and clarify the video if needed for court presentation and sometimes have to testify in trials.

Is that where the avatar came from? :rofl:

;-) Me? I own a Staffing Agency in Waco for 19 years now. Also do some commercial development on a smaller scale. Offices, commercial land, small retail centers.

I have worked for 3 companies - LTV, Loral, and Lockheed Martin but I have never changed jobs. :roll:

I am a software engineer and develop applications for military aviator mission rehearsal, training, and image generation. Project is TOpScene.

A couple year old article in a LockMart magazine:
page 1
page 2
page 3

I have worked for 3 companies - LTV, Loral, and Lockheed Martin but I have never changed jobs. :roll:

I am a software engineer and develop applications for military aviator mission rehearsal, training, and image generation. Project is TOpScene.

A couple year old article in a LockMart magazine:
page 1
page 2
page 3

Wait a minute, don't you have to kill us if you tell us these things? NSA isn't gonna shut this site down are they? :doh:

"I could take my travelers checks to a competing resort.....I'll put stricknine in the guacamole..."

I'm a project manager for an architectural firm in Dallas that focuses on all of the chain places that you guys like to eat at.

Disgruntled middle school teacher and screenprinter.

Back