• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

Currently, I'm a short-term missionary serving in the Philippines.
I do maintenance on anything that breaks. Pickups, motorcycles, computers (software & hardware), radios, water system, power system, etc.

Prior to now:
I worked for a private University as a network engineer, running wire, installing network jacks/racks/switches, plan/install/babysit wireless infrastructure, support/install VoIP phone system. I was implementing a network-based security camera system when I came over here.

When I get home:
I'm planning on being a complete bum, living off of everyone else and touring the country on my motorcycle sponging off of society. Who wants to donate? :lol2:

I ride my motorcycles everyday.

My hobby is being an Operations Manager for an FAA Repair Station.

I'm the chief of the business news copy desk at a Major Metropolitan Daily. In plain English, that means I supervise the people who write the headlines and do the final edits on stories in the Business section.

I also manage to get a little writing into the paper from time to time.

Interesting article. I've saved it to favorites. www.motopiacafe.com I will make it a Sunday ride for sure.

I make women smile. I grow flowers. have been for the last seven years. The only bad thing about this job is I am the busiest when the weather is the best. Sometimes when I am watering on Saturdays and Sundays at my nursery on Hwy 75 in Willis, it kills me to see all the motorcycles pass by. Although sometimes I just hop on my bike and ride. T.

I am in Human Resources. At the end of business tomorrow, February 29, 2008, I will be unemployed, unless something pops up during the day. Company is doing some of that "Shared Services" stuff where they will try to do more with less people.

I am actively seeking a job. May look into bridge inspections as a side job.

I am a Tax Software Support analyst.

no I dont deal with tax questions... just the software that does taxes
no I dont deal with retail/public folks. just the CPA/CPE's that do Taxes.
No I am not a caller centre support dude. I trouble shoot Tax returns and effects of Input versus results on the returns and if the answer is not to the liking of my customers I find ways to "tweek" the Tax return to be as requested by the CPA/CPE's.

dont ask about how uncompetent or crooked they are I will quote the 5th.

:zen:

I'm an A&P licensed mechanic by trade. I'm employed by Lockheed Martin as an inspector on the F-35 Lightning II flight test program. I currently work on the first production STOVL variant for the USMC from midnight to 7am 7 days a week. It's still very much in R&D stages.

I am a professional organizer. No, I don't organize unions, I organize peoples stuff. My company name is my handle here and on ADVrider. My speciality is organizing storage units, but I also do garages, attics and warehouses. Ray Ramano from "Everybody Loves Raymond" has endorsed my company, and so that is pretty cool.

Judson
Restorganize.com

I'm a journeyman lineman for the local utility. I hump stumps and keep the lights on :storm:

I'm an A&P licensed mechanic by trade. I'm employed by Lockheed Martin as an inspector on the F-35 Lightning II flight test program. I currently work on the first production STOVL variant for the USMC from midnight to 7am 7 days a week. It's still very much in R&D stages.

:clap:

Do you get to test drive 'em :trust:

Me.

Kids' dad. Then just what the world needs...another IT geek.

Hello; Just Joined To Day. I Have A Small Business Here In Glen Rose Justfloors I Do Commercial Tile Floor Maintenance. Just Picked Up My New Blue!!!! Klr650. 410 Miles Today. Installed The Corbin Duel Platform Low,trying To Break In Both At This Time. I Hope The Seat Will Get Better Over Time. Cause I Just Put A 325$ Park Bench On My New Bike. This Lookes Like A Great Place. I Want To Do Some Back Road Rides....

A-shift capt. at a fire dept. best full time/part time job ever. Biggest problem is getting these young kids motivated to do the needed traing and chores.

Justride2666,

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the KLR :dude: Check out the DualSport section as there is a lot going on, so you should have no trouble finding rides, although they may not always be local to you...

Hello; Just Joined To Day. I Have A Small Business Here In Glen Rose Justfloors I Do Commercial Tile Floor Maintenance. Just Picked Up My New Blue!!!! Klr650. 410 Miles Today. Installed The Corbin Duel Platform Low,trying To Break In Both At This Time. I Hope The Seat Will Get Better Over Time. Cause I Just Put A 325$ Park Bench On My New Bike. This Lookes Like A Great Place. I Want To Do Some Back Road Rides....

THE MOST EXSPENSIVE THING TO SAY IN THE BIKE WORLD.. HONEY DOES THIS HELMET MAKE ME LOOK FAT; NO YOUR BIKE DOES

Two jobs here - Systems analyst for HET/McDonald Observatory & Emergency Management Coordinator/Fire Marshal/Paramedic for Jeff Davis County. I'm thinking I need an additional job :eek2:

Cheers,
Mike

2006 GL1800

So will professional courtesy will get another Paramedic a behind the glass tour of the observatory?

Safety Manager for oil & gas drilling contractor.

Last edited:
one of the best moves i ever made about 8 years ago was an early retirement from the US government. plenty of time to ride the hill country. plenty of time to enjoy life.

I am a Tax Software Support analyst.

:zen:

I use to do that for Lacerte.

My day is filled with long periods of boredom filled with moments of sheer terror. I juggle balls. I rule a kingdom of two. I surf the wave that is Information Technology and every day it seems to get bigger. I get to learn something new every day. I am Director of IT Services at a strategic marketing company of about 100 inmates.

Middle School Math Teacher here.

well actually, I teach high school math to really smart middle school students. Hardly any boring part of the day and they make me laugh. Everything is so dramatic and the end of the world to a ~13yo

Back