• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

Bill did you have to put the squirrels on turbo at the peak when the wind quit blowing this week ?

Reading in the local wipe where the wind farms out west weren't doing much except being really big yard art on Tuesday I think.

Registered nurse working in a pain managment clinic. Basically, I spend a great deal of my day ensuring that the same number of people who are breathing when they walk into the building, leave the same way. There's less paperwork that way.

Bill did you have to put the squirrels on turbo at the peak when the wind quit blowing this week ?

Reading in the local wipe where the wind farms out west weren't doing much except being really big yard art on Tuesday I think.

Man! It's heck being a base load plant, trying to keep up with all of that 'lectricity ya'll want. :mrgreen:

I drive a tank truck for an oil and gas industrial chemical company. AND I HATE THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE APARTMENT ABOVE ME,THEY WALK LIKE A HERD OF WOOLEY MAMMOTHS ON STEROIDS!! sorry..the three other families that have occupied said apartment were hardly noticable, we called them mice in the attic,but these jokers...whew!!!! sorry for venting...need to go ride....grass is green,sky is blue , breath in , breath out ,all is well.....gotta love mr. miagi

I'm a process shift supervisor at a major petrochemical plant. I work 12 hr days, 4 on 4 off, rotating shifts...most of the time it's good work.

Kevin

Just got done with one of the perks of my job. A fully functioning P-38 Lightning was brought in to do some PR shoot side by side with our F-35 Lightning II and it is parked in one of the hangars here on facility. I was down there scoping it out at the beginning of my shift. I wish they would have let me snag some shots with the camera phone. It was very cool being next to that flying piece of history.

I negotiate and manage the contracts between my company and the Asian firms that manufacture our notebooks PCs. Dealing with in-house lawyers is not my fun time.

I am head of R&D for D&D Performance in Fort Worth.
Superflow Dyno and a endless supply of bikes to make faster. Life is good!

Just got done with one of the perks of my job. A fully functioning P-38 Lightning was brought in to do some PR shoot side by side with our F-35 Lightning II and it is parked in one of the hangars here on facility. I was down there scoping it out at the beginning of my shift. I wish they would have let me snag some shots with the camera phone. It was very cool being next to that flying piece of history.

So, I'm guessing that since you couldn't take camera phone pictures, you also wouldn't be able to let anyone into the hanger so they could roam around the Lighning, huh?

I'm a retired underworked, overpaid, incompetent municipal government employee....interesting group of skills represented here.

I'm a underworked, overpaid, incompetent municipal government employee. I thought about retiring but where else could I go to make the money I do, doing as little as I do?
Now, it's time for my morning nap.

I'm a mod on TWT. Interesting work. Pay sucks.

Really, Geologist by degree & license. Working for a geotechnical engineering firm, so at any time I may be:

Logging soils
Writing reports
Quality Manager
manual labor
Proofreader
Seems like you have had a rocky career.

I think I am an electronics technician, when I am not surfing the web. Neither pays very well but when you hit the big 5 O nobody wants to hire you or pay for your experiance. So I took a job with Lowes. To save up to buy a Buell and/or a Ural.

Last edited:

So, I'm guessing that since you couldn't take camera phone pictures, you also wouldn't be able to let anyone into the hanger so they could roam around the Lighning, huh?

Unfortunately, there are serious issues with cameras and informal visitors at both of our facilities (John and I work in different locations, different divisions, his builds airplanes, we shoot them down :-P )

There should eventually be some PR photo releases of those two aircraft together...

I love a P-38! I got to see White Lightning down in Burnett before it made a forced landing in Louisiana a few years back. I think they have it repaired and back in Burnett now, but I'm not sure.

I also saw a B-17 flying over north Fort Worth about a week ago. I think it was Chuckie, which flies out of Meacham.

Captain with the fire department for many many years. So many left to go it seems like. It does allow me to ride alot though, I only work 9 days a month!

my main job is riding my motorcycle around the country, done very well at that but not in the last few months.
I am also retarded, or is that retired. I get those two mixed up all the time.:trust:

I have only ridden in the colored states and provinces

Back