• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

Journeyman Pipe Welder/Fabricator and assistant foreman(glorified work-a-holic) The pay is good and I like welding, but since I have a sensitivity to bright light I also have to like having the vitreous floaters of a 65 year old at age 25. After I add on to my house, I am becoming a stay at home father hopefully....

I'm the guy at the world's largest retailer that sends the employees to jail for putting their hands in the cookie jar. Can you say "job security"? I knew you could.

Run a campground on the river in the Hill Country leed people on motorcycle rides and work on the rock crawler.
It's a rough gig but someone has to do it.

So, I'm guessing that since you couldn't take camera phone pictures, you also wouldn't be able to let anyone into the hanger so they could roam around the Lighning, huh?

I couldn't even get you onto the flightline to get near the hangar.

Iwas lucky enough to work for the then Confederate Air force and meet such people as Pappy B.to Paul Tibitts and be around almost all WW2 aircraft all in flying condition in the late 70's and early 80's

Registered Dental Hygienist. I'm the one who hopes you too can discover the joys of flossing.

:mrgreen:

Learned telecom in the Army and have been in that field ever since I got out in 94. Been doing mainly data stuff as a civilian but specialized in VoIP the last 5 years or so and currently am a senior network engineer at FedEx working on a project to convert all FedEx/Kinkos locations to Cisco VoIP phone systems.

I swore I replied to this thread...but I guess not.

I'm a business analyst for Brinks, Inc (armored cars, not home security).

Unfortunately, there are serious issues with cameras and informal visitors at both of our facilities (John and I work in different locations, different divisions, his builds airplanes, we shoot them down :-P )

There should eventually be some PR photo releases of those two aircraft together...

They did the photo shoot on Friday afternoon. Here are some photos of the Glacier Girl(just happens to be the very P-38 that is here) along with her story.
Story: http://p38assn.org/glacier-girl.htm
Photos: http://p38assn.org/glacier-girl-continued.htm#photos

Here are some photos of the Glacier Girl

Cool stuff! :thumb: (and very interesting)

The P-38 is just ugly on the ground but beautiful in the air...
(just what am I calling "ugly" when I own a V-Strom? :-P )

Cool stuff! :thumb: (and very interesting)

The P-38 is just ugly on the ground but beautiful in the air...
(just what am I calling "ugly" when I own a V-Strom? :-P )

Ohhh, that P-38.

I thought y'all meant this one.

walther_p38_p4.jpg

Beautiful story about the recovery and restoration of Glacier Girl.

I agree Chuck, the P-38 was the Vee Strom of the American warbirds of WW2. With a form growing out of function, she appeared ungangly when compared to the sleek lines of the P-51 but was a sleek bird of prey when stooping on her intended prey. Able to out dive and outclimb the more manuverable Japanese Zeros, it was the plane used by many aces in the Pacific Theater. The P-38 had it's maybe defining moment when it was chosen to shoot down a plane containing the Japanese admiral Isoruku Yamamoto over Bougainville based on intercepts of Japanese Navy radio messages by American codebreakers.

Registered nurse working in a pain managment clinic. Basically, I spend a great deal of my day ensuring that the same number of people who are breathing when they walk into the building, leave the same way. There's less paperwork that way.

:lol2: Cool !

Finite element analyst extraordinaire.

Well, maybe not the extraordinaire part.

I also teach Solidworks in the UT ME dept.

I supervise about 35 mechanics who build military Vehicles at BAE. The LMTVS, MTVS and the MRAP or Caimen vehicle to name a few.

Sailing as licensed marine engineer, 120' 5000 hp ocean class tugboat,
work out of NY harbor, normally 28 days on 14 off.
There's three of us in the engineering dept; me, myself and I.
Get a great feeling of satifaction from the job, but is hard on the homelife, harder still on motorcycle time......thankfully there's TWT...:zen: :clap: :sun:
bobzilla

I am a Flight Paramedic on a BK117 helicopter in Tyler....work 24on/48off and ride my K1200LT the 90 mile round trip 90% of the time.

I am a union film worker. I am a set dresser, or leadman most of the time.
Some films I have worked on;
Welcome Home Roscoe jenkins
There Will Be Blood
Chainsaw Massacre, the Origin
Sin City
Idiocracy
The 3 Burials of Melquides Estrada
The Ringer
The Alamo
Infamous

Back