• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Other Countries Have You Ridden In?

We may be planning a trip to Spain and the Pyrenees for September of this year. I'd love to hear about your itinerary, motorcycle rental shops, etc.

My wife and I decided on this one. You'll find all info here.
Since this isn't that other board that's centered around adventure, maybe I won't get slammed here for taking a guided tour. There are pluses and minuses to guided tours of course just like everything else but we like being pampered sometimes and they are pretty good at doing that.

Limiting factors for us this time are due to my wife's health and that she struggles to climb up on the back of the bike now so we don't ride together anymore. I assumed trips like this were just in the rear view mirror for us. Recently my wife found a new tour brochure from the last company we used back in 2012 and looked through it. To my surprise, she said she was interested in something like this again as long as the tour had a chase vehicle she could ride in. We saw another couple do this back in 2012 and it worked for them. So heck yeah honey!

I hadn't used IMTBIKE before but they get good reviews and look like their accommodations are better than most (= happy wife). If she was still able to get on the bike, I'd seriously look at a self guided tour and save 20% but its nice to have local guides along that speak the language. The only Spanish I am fluent in is how to arrest someone or order a beer and I haven't figured out how to do both at the same time. :haha:

I believe they also rent just bikes.

Last edited:
Really, I've been to Canada and Mexico. If scooters count... Japan, Korea, Thailand, & Taiwan

Jealous of you guys with the bigger lists.

I could start some more turmoil.... I've never ridden in California!

My bucket list has a bunch of chits from right here in the good ole USA!

...But when it comes to riding great roads... oh my! If I had the time and money I'd be over there once a month riding various areas.

+1
Most just don't have a clue of the scope and diversity of riding there. And the weather seldom objects. From Texas it is a long haul but only 1/2 day farther than CO or UT.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas...... :dude:

Oklahoma isn't a foreign country - it's a really big northern county of Texas. :mrgreen:

My only foreign country is Germany, which is where I did my first street riding when I was in the Army.

Really, I've been to Canada and Mexico. If scooters count... Japan, Korea, Thailand, & Taiwan

Jealous of you guys with the bigger lists.

I could start some more turmoil.... I've never ridden in California!

My bucket list has a bunch of chits from right here in the good ole USA!
If you do the dual sport thing the sheer amount of free public access land to ride on out there will blow your mind. Makes the endless miles of fenced road here in Texas seem like a prision.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve never even ridden in another state, much less another country.

Well, I suppose that’s not technically true. I’ve ridden dirt at Lake Murray in Oklahoma a few times. That short trip across the Red is as far as motorcycles have taken me.

I don't want to derail the thread but I wonder why some of you guys, say "if scooters count." Why wouldn't they count? :confused:

Philippines
I just arrived back in the USA after living in the Philippines for the last five years. I traveled to most of the islands with my Honda XR150 L and have ridden mostly in jungle mountains. The XR150L is sold in Asia and is similar to the CRF250L. I lived on the island of Mindanao which is under marshal law and has an ongoing war. It sure is good to be back home.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG