• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What SW is everyone using for video/audio marriage?

Tom

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lowry
Howdy folks, I have seen a lot of nice work on this site of videos that have audio tracks attached. I just picked up a drone with a 3-axis gimble and 4K video capability. My question, like the title, what is a popular program to run on windows 10 to do this kind of editing? From a short search, looks like there is a ton of it out there, just looking for some help on whittling down the list.

I have a Go Pro 8 and Filmora9 video editor. Both are very recent purchases.

I bought Filmora based on Tricepilot's recommendation.
Thanks Rich. Just tried it and it complained about my graphics card in my Surface Pro and wouldn't run.

I am able to run Movavi but would like other recommendations before getting settled on one.

Super old thread, but I'll revive it in case people are still wanting advice.
Davinci Resolve is fantastic. They have a free version with all features you need unless you're doing a big project. For example, the studio version has gpu rendering support, remote render servers, 3d support, etc.

I love the program, and it's free... But, it's not super well optimized and requires a strong pc to edit especially if you're doing 4k.

I use a free opensource package called Shotcut, and it definitely provides for overlaid soundtracks.

PROS:
- It's free.
- Lots of features.
- Lots of how-to videos available to explain the basics and more advanced features.

CONS:
- While it does allow for multiple sound overlays, it doesn't do stereo at all.
- Not exactly intuitive or user-friendly. Expect to spend some time watching those how-to videos.

While you can theoretically edit a soundtrack on Shotcut, I use a different technique. I edit my overlay music to length on separate software (I use an old version of Roxio for that), then drag/drop it into the video.

Here's a link to something I did with Shotcut this past fall:

Davinci Resolve is fantastic. They have a free version with all features you need...
+1 for Davinci Resolve, however, I am a Mac man.
Another plus is there are a bazillion tutorials out there for this software.

Back