• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Tires are you running??

Reaction score
So I am about to order new tires for the dirt scooter.

I ride a KX250 2 stroke. Mostly ride Hidden Falls and Emma Long.

I'm currently running a Kenda Equlibrium rear and have liked the traction and performance a lot, not a big fan of the quick wear.

Right now I am thinking of getting the Maxxis Desert IT probably front and rear. A lot of the guys who ride EL on Wed. night seem to really like the Maxxis rear but not sure what they're running for the front.

Just curious to see what you guys are running and how you like it.

You're probably making the best decision for your location.

But as JohnF3 has pointed out, when I need new tires I just buy a new bike(kidding) a little.

Last edited:
But as JohnF3 has pointed out, when I need new tires I just buy a new bike(kidding) a little.

Thats how I am with cars!!! I have self diagnosed my self with Vehicle ADD. Used to be with bikes to.

But I picked up my KX250 2 years ago for $900 and it has been AMAZING!!! No issues and absolutely rips!!!

How do the MX51 fronts hold up out here? Seems to come up a lot as a recommendation on Thumper talk. And I like the price $43!!

I usually run roundish black ones, some with knobblies, some without, depending.

Right now I am thinking of getting the Maxxis Desert IT probably front and rear. A lot of the guys who ride EL on Wed. night seem to really like the Maxxis rear but not sure what they're running for the front.

I used those tires on my CRF250X in Utah, with sand and rocks and they performed really well. I am not a fast or very competent rider, but I felt confident riding on those tires.

I used a Pirelli MT43 for the rear when I was riding an XR250 at HF. I didn't have any problem climbing anything on the trails there on it, and since it's DOT it might last longer than the Kenda. That same tire is still being used on the bike AFAIK.

I've seen a guy run a Motoz Mountain Hybrid for a rear tire at HF. The guy didn't have a problem climbing anything on that either, and that's got a rep as a tough tire also.

I was advised by Greeneggsandham to use a harder tire for HF riding, like a Bridgestone M604 or similar. So I've been using the X40's also.

Last edited:
A lot of guys like the 907. It didn't work well for me in dry dusty rocky conditions. I'd probably like it a lot better in wetter areas?

The longer this thread runs, the more I think it was not a serious question to start with, just wool-gathering.

Edit: Hidden Falls is Cool!

Last edited:
It's OK . . . use your acronyms and "familiars" to avoid saying what you mean and pretending to be one of the "IN Crowd."

My 400xcw loved the Artrex sx1 rear tire from MotoSport at one time it was 46.00 but now 68.00 not worth getting. But it worked and lasted very well at HF's and CTOR is Central Texas Off Roders

Back