• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What's going on with MotoHouston?

Randyjaco

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Jacobs
Is MotoHouston gone? For a while I was having trouble getting on the site. Google kept telling me that it wasn't safe. Now I can't get in at all.

I haven't tried to get on there in years. It had died off to being just Kieth's death ride posts. I've seen him post over here a couple times and have had to resist the urge to tell him to look elsewhere for riders to have crash behind him.

I haven't tried to get on there in years. It had died off to being just Kieth's death ride posts. I've seen him post over here a couple times and have had to resist the urge to tell him to look elsewhere for riders to have crash behind him.
Username here?

Username here?

Morgstang. He runs sport bike rides out of the Waller Buc-ee's and sometimes his place in Brenham, or at least he used to. No idea if he's still at it, but I'd imagine he is. He has a history of crashes on his rides. Mixed bag skill levels plus the front of the pack being pretty darn fast in the corners is a recipe for it. Not enough riding your own ride going on, but that's normal with sport bikers from what I can gather.

Reactions: JMZ
Rides now posted on MotoHouston FB group page. I hadn't been able to log in on MH for about a week now. Thought maybe a TapaTalk issue but not as tried a direct login just now and offline. Looks like web domain registration has lapsed.

I went on a half of one of morstangs ride just because a few of my buddies were there. He was giving a big pre-ride speech and told me I need to quit talking and listen. I told him I know how to ride and you talk to much 🤣. Someone on an xr650l ran off the road and the front of the pack didn't notice for a LONG time. I bailed out and headed home at the next stop.

Morgstang. He runs sport bike rides out of the Waller Buc-ee's and sometimes his place in Brenham, or at least he used to. No idea if he's still at it, but I'd imagine he is. He has a history of crashes on his rides. Mixed bag skill levels plus the front of the pack being pretty darn fast in the corners is a recipe for it. Not enough riding your own ride going on, but that's normal with sport bikers from what I can gather.
Familiar with the name. Didn't seem to get much traffic here.

Used to ride with him all the time. He hated going anywhere other than his circle in the Brenham area.

Fun facts:

he ran off FM 2979 and totaled a Yamaha.

he ran off 3090 while following me. Didn’t go down.

he ran off while on Push Mtn in AR while following me. Didn’t go down.

He talks about how good he is running his circle. I told him it’s like a racer that runs one track. Sure, you’ll be good there, but suck everywhere else.

Used to ride with him all the time. He hated going anywhere other than his circle in the Brenham area.

Fun facts:

he ran off FM 2979 and totaled a Yamaha.

he ran off 3090 while following me. Didn’t go down.

he ran off while on Push Mtn in AR while following me. Didn’t go down.

He talks about how good he is running his circle. I told him it’s like a racer that runs one track. Sure, you’ll be good there, but suck everywhere else.

Yep. I forgot that little detail. He doesn't like riding anything new.

I got hung up behind them one time , they were making a left turn onto 360 from 1488 and I was west bound on 1488 and north on 360 . A hand full of bikes had already headed north , some others stopped , I made my right turn and within a few hundred yards the leaders stopped , in the road so I passed them and headed up the road probably around 75 . Within a mile 15 bikes came past me well over a ton . When they got to the fist set of turns it was brake lights all over the road and half way around the turn I had to almost slide to stop . They slowed to 30 in a 75 mph turn for my 950 KTM . Like that all the way to 105 , a hundred plus on the straights and slam on the brakes at every curve . Luckly there is a dirt road short cut from the 105 360 intersection I could bail on to go to Anderson and then on to Carlos . I beat them to Yankees too . The only time I saw worse riding was a bmw group on 3090 useing both sides of the road coming to meet me . I put my tires 2 inches off the yellow and played chicken with one and he chickened and **** near ditched it back when the ditch was 8 feet deep there . I was going a lot slower on my bike and was in total control so it was kinda fun .

I got hung up behind them one time , they were making a left turn onto 360 from 1488 and I was west bound on 1488 and north on 360 . A hand full of bikes had already headed north , some others stopped , I made my right turn and within a few hundred yards the leaders stopped , in the road so I passed them and headed up the road probably around 75 . Within a mile 15 bikes came past me well over a ton . When they got to the fist set of turns it was brake lights all over the road and half way around the turn I had to almost slide to stop . They slowed to 30 in a 75 mph turn for my 950 KTM . Like that all the way to 105 , a hundred plus on the straights and slam on the brakes at every curve . Luckly there is a dirt road short cut from the 105 360 intersection I could bail on to go to Anderson and then on to Carlos . I beat them to Yankees too . The only time I saw worse riding was a bmw group on 3090 useing both sides of the road coming to meet me . I put my tires 2 inches off the yellow and played chicken with one and he chickened and **** near ditched it back when the ditch was 8 feet deep there . I was going a lot slower on my bike and was in total control so it was kinda fun .

That sounds like a different group than what I experienced with Kieth. They usually ran more reasonable speeds in the straights, entered a touch slower than I would on an equivalent bike, and then power out of the corners only to slow back down a quarter mile out on the straight. He did pick up the pace a bit when he sold his FZ-1 for a Tuono, but I've never known him to park it in the corners like that. Usually it's the opposite and that's what puts the inexperienced riders down.

asked on FB, was told "Down for maintenance"...that being said, same message from the url for 3+ days

As Rexter said above . On ZRXOA he was called weed eater boy for his green zrx always in the weeds / taking grass out of the exhaust header.
Burned his bridges there with many long time friends who helped him out over the years like Rexter / Mitch / Derek / Dennis / Kenny / Gary , and a few others .
If Moto houston stays down I'm sure he will come back here more frequently .
He also has a nick name the Pied Piper .

RIP, although when I first went back to riding in 2011 here in Houston MH was viable. And I got some great riding trips and made a couple group rides on my Ninja EX 500. I rapidly learned the rides were sometimes street races.

the leaders stayed ahead , and I don’t know who it was , I didnt recognize anybody but they rode like crap and all parked together out in the grass at Yankees . And it was years ago .

I used to frequent MH a lot many years ago but quit after I had enough of some of the s*** posters running amuck unchecked, makes TWT look like Sunday Bible Study. I also did a few of the group rides posted there. This was prior to Morgstang's time. They were mostly okay, but the faster guys up front treated some of the FM roads (like 1291 into Fayetteville) like their private race track. Then the poor newbs in the back too slow thru the corners tried to catch up by going 140mph down the straights. I don't like going balls out on public roads and I prefer to go slow on the straights to let the newbs catch up safely. Track pace is to be reserved for the track. But I didn't see those lead riders at the local track days. After a while, I got tired of being in disorganized/unsafe 2-mile slinky and just quit going.

Your mileage obviously varies. I went several times to his group rides, and the problem children were never the core group of regulars.

Morganator had a post up at MH with a standing offer to go riding with anyone on the weekday mornings. When I was new, I took him up on it, and he lead me through a smorgasbord of the Brenham area roads. We kept to the speed limit, and he took the time at lunch to offer good advice and answer questions I had.

It’s hilarious that we have people in this thread ragging on him for having unsafe people in his rides, but another who told him to quit talking about safety (which he did on the beginning of every ride I went with him on) because our rider knows “how to ride.”

A little bit of everything in this thread. I've never met anyone from Moto and it seems the site is down for the count. I don't have the experience to go on these group rides, from my own observation and reading. It would be great to meetup and follow a group, but I have no interest in racing or going beyond my capability and experience.

Welcome aboard. What area of Houston are you in? There are several weekly meet ups around town, so you might be able to find one. Check out the "Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events" section:

Come join the pie run this month if you can:

Welcome aboard. What area of Houston are you in? There are several weekly meet ups around town, so you might be able to find one. Check out the "Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events" section:

Come join the pie run this month if you can:

I’m near the downtown medical center and Kirby area.

Went on one ride with the MH crew, never again. I dipped halfway thru the ride and went back to Houston. No reason to ride on public roadways like that.

Keith and his wife are great humans. You just can't do a ride with 30+ people and not have someone do something stupid. I did a few of his rides. . Glad I did because he introduced me to some great roads north of Brenham and south of Somerville. ....but I just wont do big rides like that any more.

**** I can't organize a DS ride with 10 people without someone hitting a dog. ;)

Keith and his wife are great humans. You just can't do a ride with 30+ people and not have someone do something stupid. I did a few of his rides. . Glad I did because he introduced me to some great roads north of Brenham and south of Somerville. ....but I just wont do big rides like that any more.

**** I can't organize a DS ride with 10 people without someone hitting a dog. ;)
Yeah, I don’t think big groups are for me either. LoL.

Back