• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What's Open (or soon to be open) Around Fredericksburg?

copb8

Most Ignored
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Nale
Sharon and I will be riding down there in a couple of weeks and we really aren't sure what we'll find when we get there. Do you know if restaurants are reopening with the 25% occupancy in place? I would imagine wineries are still closed? Are the current soft openings only in force through May15th? Or did I dream that?

We've ridden the extended area extensively over the last 20 years so hoping for more than just tooling around the back roads.

We were allowed in at the Hye Meadow winery this past weekend. A great outside sitting area under oaks trees with a breeze provided a nice respite from our ride through the country. no tasting allowed, just buy wine by the bottle to enjoy by the trees. i am sure other wineries are doing the same.

My wife and I have a RV reservation at the KOA there on Memorial Day weekend. I usually take a bike with me for us to do some riding around on, but the way
everything is right now, thought we would just stay at the RV. Plan on grilling a little, read a book and just sit around. Just need to get away.

there was a bunch of riders at Luckenbach, as usual, and they were selling beer. we saw riders from Dripping springs, Blanco, Comfort, etc as we rode through the area.

Well this is sounding a little encouraging.

What about downtown FBurg? Shops and galleries open at all?

We're staying in a B&B right off Main Street and looked forward to walking around locally as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We passed thru F'burg on Sunday. Looks like a pretty typical spring day out there. Traffic, folks walking around, shops open...

We were also in Fredericksburg on Sunday, shops appeared open, lots of people around and people on patios of a few of the restaurants.

what i hear from fellow drivers, downtown FBG is pretty much ignoring the 25% rule.

The guv said if infection rates don't increase then phase 2, 50% could begin 15may.

Great feedback everyone. Thank you. Very encouraging.

Wasn't sure if we were going to hit a ghost town or not.

I spent 4 days down in Fburg....well...3 nites. The days were spent riding the area

Some shops & restaurants open with restrictions...people out..but not in large numbers. I had a great 4day getaway

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I live in FBG. Post up a few days or a week before your trip and I’ll let you know how things are here. As we have all observed, things change rapidly.

At present Gillespie county has 3 active Covid cases so the city has approved business openings at 50% capacity. All hotels and most restaurants appear to be open, along with shops on Main Street. There were tourists in town this past weekend. Many, many fewer than what used to be normal, but a big jump from the ghostown of the last few weeks (You could park anywhere you’re wanted on Main Street...)

The national guard is holding a free drive through Covid test in town today, so I expect our numbers will jump and the city will be forced to change the opening rules. As well there is an outbreak in Mason - the mayor there traveled, got infected, and then held an in person city counsel meeting Apparently infecting most of the city staff. So that very small town now has 25 cases with several hundred tests outstanding. And they all come here to do their shopping so we probably have significant community spread going on.

I live in FBG. Post up a few days or a week before your trip and I’ll let you know how things are here. As we have all observed, things change rapidly.

We'll be there 15th through 18th.

BTW, do you have any suggestions for a local knowledgeable realtor specializing in land sales? Kicking around buying a smallish unimproved property within 10 mile radius of FBurg.

As well there is an outbreak in Mason - the mayor there traveled, got infected, and then held an in person city counsel meeting Apparently infecting most of the city staff.

Wow, just WOW?!!!

We'll be there 15th through 18th.

BTW, do you have any suggestions for a local knowledgeable realtor specializing in land sales? Kicking around buying a smallish unimproved property within 10 mile radius of FBurg.

Wow, just WOW?!!!

Only ten days out, so you’re probably good to go.

I don’t know of a realtor that does land outside town. I know a couple people that sell houses in town, but not sure about out of town. I would suggest booking an appointment at the Century 21 office. They are the dominant outfit in town. Be prepared to be shocked at the price, not sure 10 miles out is far enough away from Fred!

I have found Fredericksburg a great place to visit but too expensive to live. I have been looking in Llano, Johnson City and Blanco. All are close enough for the good times but more affordable.

Back