• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wheel Weights

Tuco

Forum Supporter
First Name
Dan
The wheel weights on my bike are stamped "5". Would these be 5 grams? Or .5 oz? I don't see a decimal point on the weight.

First Name
Dave
Likely 0.5oz. Lead or tungsten 0.5oz weight is about the size of a Chiclet. 5gm would be close to the size of a tictac.

Tuco

Forum Supporter
First Name
Dan
I wuz thinking .5 oz but hoping 5 gr. That means I have 12 oz of weights on rear tire. I don’t know what normal is but that seems high even for 50/50 tire. Oh well...

Anyways, thanks.

synthlegend

Forum Supporter
I wuz thinking .5 oz but hoping 5 gr. That means I have 12 oz of weights on rear tire. I don’t know what normal is but that seems high even for 50/50 tire. Oh well...

Anyways, thanks.
Wait ..you have 24 of them on your rear rim?

First Name
Clay
While we are at it. What are the best brand quality weights that remain stuck for non spoke wheels, I have had them come off in washing etc. Are there any lead ones?

First Name
Joshua
I bought a big box of wheel weights I use for my cars and motorcycles from Napa. Was something like 35 dollars they're 1/4 oz sections come in strips. I may be dead before I use all of them haha. Or my kids will at least be in middle school.