• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wheel Weights

To be fair, he said they were causing some kind of abrasion to the wheel. I'm not sure how that works, as centrifugal force ensures they are spread around the tire carcass evenly by weight while rolling, and collect at the bottom of the carcass while slowing.
He did also state it was a magnesium wheel which would be more acceptable to corrosion

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is what sold me many years ago and 700k miles later using dynobeads

I understand the beads could be snake oil, witchcraft or voodoo, so it is possible I am delusional:

He did also state it was a magnesium wheel which would be more acceptable to corrosion.

To be fair, he said they were causing some kind of abrasion to the wheel...

Well exactly, could have been excess moisture, water or some chemical from tire mounting causing corrosion or some solid contaminate or beads themselves causing abrasion. But none of that equals snake oil which clearly implies the beads are not effective in balancing the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

back to the original poster and subject. 120 grams is 4 and a 1/4 ounces!!! that is insane amount of weight. did someone fit a home made iron rim lock?? cant be a Michelin tire. something wrong there.

Back