• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

YES! Near the intersecion of Obst Rd. and Specht Rd. :clap:

Maybe I was remembering it from the "Everywhere" project????

Anyway, off to a new "Where Am I"?
03az09_a.jpg

Honestly I wish I knew. It kinda looks like a restaurant I stopped at in Falfurrias, but from the mountain range in the background and flat land, its probably in West Texas.

Last edited:
Angie's Restaurant in Ft. Hancock. :eat: The peaks in the background are of "Mile High" just north of Sierra Blanca.

Jerry is very interested in the Painted Churches...and this is one of those, specifically:

Saints Cyril and Methodius Church, Dubina Texas

Bingo! And yes, it was a continuation of a theme that I'm not through with yet.

a peek inside:

767231487_J2oxX-L.jpg

You're up Toroguy :thumb:

This log cabin was built by its original owner waaay back in the woods. It was home to he and his wife for many years until they passed at advanced age. The current owner bought the cabin and moved it to the location shown in the pic. It is less than 100 feet off a popular road for motorcyclist and not far from THE intersection in a small Texas town.

Name the town??

Attachments

• WAI 001.jpg
    WAI 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 171
This log cabin was built by its original owner waaay back in the woods. It was home to he and his wife for many years until they passed at advanced age. The current owner bought the cabin and moved it to the location shown in the pic. It is less than 100 feet off a popular road for motorcyclist and not far from THE intersection in a small Texas town.

Name the town??
Hmmmmm? May we assume the original owners of the cabin were famous for something?

No, the original owners were not famous. I only mentioned the story of moving the cabin because the current owner, who lives just behind the clump of trees in the pic, came out to investigate as I was taking pictures and he told me the story.

Hint: Scott (Tourmeister) mentions the town and name of the road where the cabin is located in one of his posts in this thread --> http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46099.

Anyone who has ridden this road in the last 18 months or so and passed by this cabin will probably remember it.

Whoever has a "Where am I?" pic you're itching to post, go ahead. I want the thread to keep moving and I will not have connectivity for the next three days.

The town is Burkeville. The cabin is setting on the west side of hiway 87 about a half mile north of the intersection with hiway 63.

Anyone who has not riden 87 from Burkeville to Hemphill should put it their list of things to do this spring, especially if you ride a fast, heavy pig sport tourer like my ST1300. This section of 87 has lots of smooth, fast sweepers that make a slowpoke like me feel really good.

When you get to Burkeville, be sure and run FM1414...great fun.

Well I have one, if this is out of line let me know, hint I took it on the way home from a pie run late 2009

Attachments

• SANY0019.jpg
    SANY0019.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 179
Well I have one, if this is out of line let me know, hint I took it on the way home from a pie run late 2009

Nope, not out of line at ToroGuy passed to the next available.

As for where, I have no idea. :doh:

Back