• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is everybody (scooter riders)?

Is that lead scooter a Vespa? It looks larger than I imagined.

On another odd note, wife saw an 80s movie with an old mo-ped and said she thought that would be right for her. I was shocked cause she never wants to ride. Then I tried to remember the last time I saw one here or on the streets. Never. Google gets you pedal-less China scooters. What ever became of Motobecane?

I have a 1973 Motobecane in great shape. All Campy, Reynolds double butted tubing with working pedals only :)

I have a 1973 Motobecane in great shape. All Campy, Reynolds double butted tubing with working pedals only :)
Nice! Post some pics, please;. I'd like to see that.

Rydah, my apologies for posting that. It's a Motobecane bicycle. Just saying Motobecane also made bicycles.

LOL, aww shucks! Had me all excited there :)

... Got any tracks/routes to share?
No, but after staging in Bunkie, we sorta, but not exactly, followed LA31/182 along the Bayou Teche down from Port Barre to Centerville, stopping to visit the Longfellow-Evangeline State Historic Site and Tobasco/Jungle Gardens on Avery Island. I've found that, once you get off of the "truck routes," most roads in South Central Louisiana are enjoyable.

Is that lead scooter a Vespa? It looks larger than I imagined....
The lead scooter is our Vespa GTV300, which is a "large frame" Vespa (the 50/150cc's are "small frame"). The large frame Vespa's are capable traveling scooters.
What a mixed bag of bikes haha, love it.

This is an informal sorta-annual ride designed for TW200's and Ural sidecar rigs, joined by other friends. This year's ride included two each TW200 & Ural, plus Monkey, Grom, XT225, 690R, Triumph 900, SupTen and a brand spankin' new HD PanAm. Due to recent heavy rains in the area, we decided to route around the customary unpaved roads, so I left the TW at home and rode the GTV. The best thing about this ride is the camaraderie; we had riders from 17-86 years of age, and, yes, the big bikes tagged along with the little bikes for a good part of the way.

This is an informal sorta-annual ride designed for TW200's and Ural sidecar rigs, joined by other friends. This year's ride included two each TW200 & Ural, plus Monkey, Grom, XT225, 690R, Triumph 900, SupTen and a brand spankin' new HD PanAm. Due to recent heavy rains in the area, we decided to route around the customary unpaved roads, so I left the TW at home and rode the GTV. The best thing about this ride is the camaraderie; we had riders from 17-86 years of age, and, yes, the big bikes tagged along with the little bikes for a good part of the way.

@Kingsize Did you know about this TW ride? Sorta in your neck of the woods too.

We haven't "advertised" this ride much after we had close to 20 participants a couple of years ago. We actually did good with the dozen riders on this trip (the unseasonably cold weather kept ½ dozen at home) traveling together on the 1st day and splitting into 3 groups along the way on the 2nd day.

I've never ridden that area, so if you have a route in mind, please set it up. Schedule (and weather) allowing, we'd be very interested. Thanks, Lee!

This would have been a great weekend, since a lot of folks will be off on Friday, but the weather forecast slurps. Other than the end-of-month ride on the 29th, we're open.

Re: Acadiana scooter tour: Unfortunately, work & life, along with sidecar/tiddler prep & events have a grip on much of my time thru early June. April 21-23 might be a possibility, but right now I can't commit to it.

Yea I’d love to make it over there as well but I’m not free until the second week of June and I might be having my shoulder cut around that time.

Back