• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is everybody (scooter riders)?

First Name
Steve
That is scooter awesomeness for sure.

On the where is everybody front, I made three new scooter friends yesterday. :rider: I hit the local FM road riding the PCX 150 after leaving the house to go over to Grandview 18 miles away. As I approached the the road and getting ready to take a right, I saw a couple of small scooters traveling the opposite direction. Instant change of plans and I turned left. You just don't see many scooters around here, oh sure maybe some newbie on a Zero occasionally (Sorry Jarrett) but no scooters. There was full dress Harley leading the scooters with a couple of cars between us. I followed them into town and stopped where they did.

Nice guys, all retired and they own other cycles too but love their scooters. The one on the Harley's got a 2007 Honda Reflex like the one shown above with carb problems at the moment so that's why he was on the dresser. The others had a 400 Burgman and a SYM HD200. They'd never heard of TWT so maybe they check it out now. I left my number with one of them and were supposed to go out for a ride when the weather's a little better.

Oh boy scooter friends!!!

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
You just don't see many scooters around here, oh sure maybe some newbie on a Zero occasionally (Sorry Jarrett) but no scooters. There was full dress Harley leading the scooters with a couple of cars between us. I followed them into town and stopped where they did.
There is a dude I've seen all around Waxahachie on what appears to be a gray Silver Wing. I see it at Whataburger in town a lot.

Dao

...am i the only fish-eyed fool out there
w/ a ram mount....

dsc0180-ball-Mount.jpg

....cup holder? :rider:

cupholder.jpg

First Name
Rick
Last Name
Miller
I have just joined the scooter ranks. Bought a new Yamaha XMAX 300. Sure different than the motorcycles I have been riding, but I am liking it so far.

in my profile picture is my 1986 Honda Elite. It is my pizza and beer run ride and I love her in all her ugly glory.

I'm in Norcal. I own a Silverwing and a Burgman 400 and they've both been ridden all over NorCal. The SWing has also been into Oregon and Washington. I'm on here because my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live in in Forney, near Dallas. Thanks to all for the welcome.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful area to ride. The first and third photos are in the eastern foothills of the coastal range on the west side of the Sacramento Valley in an area called Stoneyford-Lodoga. The second photo is on Ebbetts Pass in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The fourth photo is on the east side of Monitor Pass south of Lake Tahoe.

I loved my first Burgman 650 that I shipped to the Bahamas, that I bought a red one to have here in Texas. I believe I’d sell my Old Love, my 2012 Vstrom before I’d sell my Burgy. I had no idea I’d like it so much. Will probably ride it to Beemer Bobs campout this weekend.

SL350

Forum Supporter
I have just joined the scooter ranks. Bought a new Yamaha XMAX 300. Sure different than the motorcycles I have been riding, but I am liking it so far.
I've ridden this one a bit. Smooth as glass. IMHO, this is where we will all end up some day but maybe w electric motors.