• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is everybody (scooter riders)?

That is scooter awesomeness for sure.

On the where is everybody front, I made three new scooter friends yesterday. :rider: I hit the local FM road riding the PCX 150 after leaving the house to go over to Grandview 18 miles away. As I approached the the road and getting ready to take a right, I saw a couple of small scooters traveling the opposite direction. Instant change of plans and I turned left. You just don't see many scooters around here, oh sure maybe some newbie on a Zero occasionally (Sorry Jarrett) but no scooters. There was full dress Harley leading the scooters with a couple of cars between us. I followed them into town and stopped where they did.

Nice guys, all retired and they own other cycles too but love their scooters. The one on the Harley's got a 2007 Honda Reflex like the one shown above with carb problems at the moment so that's why he was on the dresser. The others had a 400 Burgman and a SYM HD200. They'd never heard of TWT so maybe they check it out now. I left my number with one of them and were supposed to go out for a ride when the weather's a little better.

Oh boy scooter friends!!!

You just don't see many scooters around here, oh sure maybe some newbie on a Zero occasionally (Sorry Jarrett) but no scooters. There was full dress Harley leading the scooters with a couple of cars between us. I followed them into town and stopped where they did.

There is a dude I've seen all around Waxahachie on what appears to be a gray Silver Wing. I see it at Whataburger in town a lot.

I have just joined the scooter ranks. Bought a new Yamaha XMAX 300. Sure different than the motorcycles I have been riding, but I am liking it so far.

in my profile picture is my 1986 Honda Elite. It is my pizza and beer run ride and I love her in all her ugly glory.

I'm in Norcal. I own a Silverwing and a Burgman 400 and they've both been ridden all over NorCal. The SWing has also been into Oregon and Washington. I'm on here because my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live in in Forney, near Dallas. Thanks to all for the welcome.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful area to ride. The first and third photos are in the eastern foothills of the coastal range on the west side of the Sacramento Valley in an area called Stoneyford-Lodoga. The second photo is on Ebbetts Pass in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The fourth photo is on the east side of Monitor Pass south of Lake Tahoe.

I loved my first Burgman 650 that I shipped to the Bahamas, that I bought a red one to have here in Texas. I believe I’d sell my Old Love, my 2012 Vstrom before I’d sell my Burgy. I had no idea I’d like it so much. Will probably ride it to Beemer Bobs campout this weekend.

I have just joined the scooter ranks. Bought a new Yamaha XMAX 300. Sure different than the motorcycles I have been riding, but I am liking it so far.

I've ridden this one a bit. Smooth as glass. IMHO, this is where we will all end up some day but maybe w electric motors.

I've got 2 small scooters. First one is a 2013 Honda 50cc Metropolitan. Fun to get around the neighborhood on & it's super nimble & light. Soon I wanted something fast enough to venture further out but still small & nimble so I got a 2014 168cc Genuine Buddy 170i. My avatar pic. Just a little bigger & heavier than the Honda but does about 65 & it's a blast on twisty country roads.

Purchased a new 2018 Suzuki Burgman 400 12-14-19 with zero miles on the odometer, It's my first scooter and I'm still getting used to it but so far I've put 1260 miles on it and I'm having a great time riding it. :rider:

Last edited:
Purchased a new 2018 Suzuki Burgman 400 12-14-20 with zero miles on the odometer, It's my first scooter and I'm still getting used to it but so far I've put 1260 miles on it and I'm having a great time riding it. :rider:
I haven't ridden a 400 but have a couple friends with that model. It only gives up a little on long trips compared to the bigger burger but around town or shorter trips it's a great ride they say. Keep riding and you will enjoy it more on every trip. Once a person loses the ego and image thing usually associated with the bigger bikes, you will find scooters are the place to be.

I have had a number of bikes but the Burgman is the first scooter. Not sure why anyone would actually call it that but according to my insurance company it is. Riding a scooter type of bike is a fun thing not known to most riders.

I rode the C650 sport to they gym 2 days ago. Last Sat. I rode the scoot with a bunch of Harley riders for a short ride. I got a few questions or well my wife got a few questions about it.

Back