• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

The Busy Bee in Alvin next to 35 has a great CFS. They are also open 24/7 to accommodate my occasional 0100 need for quick 100 mile think and eat.

I've never eaten there, but they used to have a location on Hwy 6 and FM646 in Santa Fe years ago. Kinda reminded me of eating at Kelly's; huge portions, fresh rolls the size of small footballs, and pie with meringue 8 inches tall.

It's time to bring this back to the top. If you ever go to Big Pines on Caddo Lake try the chicken fried steak there, but don't order the large unless you really mean it. I don't have little hands.

Attachments

• 3989.jpeg
    3989.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 47
I would never guessed.....
I'm not usually one for chain restaurants but I would be remiss if I didn't give an honorable mention to the Country Fried Steak at The Texas Roadhouse.

Consistent. I've been in their restaurants all over and it's always great. Just something to keep in the back of your mind if you ever get stuck in a snow drift in Ohio.

It's time to bring this back to the top. If you ever go to Big Pines on Caddo Lake try the chicken fried steak there, but don't order the large unless you really mean it. I don't have little hands.
And a great area for a bike ride. Thanks. this thread needs to keep going.

I would never guessed.....
I'm not usually one for chain restaurants but I would be remiss if I didn't give an honorable mention to the Country Fried Steak at The Texas Roadhouse.

Consistent. I've been in their restaurants all over and it's always great. Just something to keep in the back of your mind if you ever get stuck in a snow drift in Ohio.
Chicken Fried Chicken is excellent there also. We went there last night and both of us had the Dallas Filet, at least 78 times better than the "filet" at Outback. I really doubt the filet there is genuine. Outback has been on a steady decline for several years now, at least in our area.

I went into an outback a couple years ago and ordered a prime rib , got served an old piece of warmed up shoe leather . Never again , I know where to go for real beef .

But... how is the gravy?

That's some darn nice breading.

The best country fried steak I've had in long while was at the
Southern recipes in Arlington and their pork chops are good too

Last edited:
Back