• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

Have you tried https://www.thetexancafe.com/ in Hutto, TX? Come for the CFS, stay for the Millionaires pie, or the almond joy pie or the ....

Thread search didn’t show Hutto and no pin on the map, if it was mentioned before, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Barths restaurant in Kenedy Wednesday was very good. They have a pretty good looking buffet but I got the CFS and was very happy.

Shinola's in Springtown! This would be a great place for a M&G. Yes, I skip the potatoes.

Drew you could camp at my place like you did several years ago. I was told today that Shinola’s has sold and the guy who had it has bought one of the cafes in Bridgeport.

Drew you could camp at my place like you did several years ago. I was told today that Shinola’s has sold and the guy who had it has bought one of the cafes in Bridgeport.
My son and his lady took my wife and I to Shinola a couple of weeks ago. Everyone enjoyed the meals. No idea who owns it, but it was good.

Rode out to The Jay Cafe (no relation) in Needville today with a few friends: 3 out of 5 got cfs and it is as awesome as ever. Washed it done with a piece of coconut cream pie and still not hungry.
I know this post is a little old but someone recently told me about The Jay Cafe in Needville and I stumbled upon this thread. Can anyone give an updated report on how good their CFS is?

I know this post is a little old but someone recently told me about The Jay Cafe in Needville and I stumbled upon this thread. Can anyone give an updated report on how good their CFS is?
I've been there since I made that post, but I got a NY strip steak last time I was there. Had a CFS a few days before going there and it's really too much to eat if you want to get pie afterwards; especially if you want to stay awake for the ride home. One of the others did the CFS and it looked as good as ever.

Back