• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

This place looks good >> Shady Glade Cafe in Uncertain TX

Just had dinner at Repca’s in Monaville , there was a cfs at the table that looked pretty tasty , not in front of me so can’t comment on it but their fried oysters are some of the best I’ve ever had , at least top 5 in 68 years of testing gulf coast seafood , mudbuggs ain’t too shabby either and if stuff like that is on the menu I’m not thinking about cfs . That’s what you eat when you can’t get good seafood . Or a real steak like Murphys, I doubt I’ll ever taste a cfs there either .

Edgar and Gladys in Nordhiehm today. That’s a real CFS and pretty darn good. Not the best I ever ate, but at least a green on the scoreboard

Mary's Cafe in Strawn TX is the best I have had. They serve small, medium, and large. The medium fills me at lunch so I cannot eat until breakfast the next day. The large covers a big oval platter so the sides come on a separate plate. Aside from the generous portions, they use real steak, not psuedo-ground beef. Each steak is breaded and pan fried with just the right salt and pepper spice. The gravy is wonderful. Just typing this makes me hungry.
1+

Grif's in China Spring TX has the best chicken fried steak and was featured in the Taste of TX magazine. Of course mine is really the best but they are a close 2nd. Enjoy.
LilDebbie...
What is this Taste of Texas Magazine of which you speak.... I tried to find a listing for it but found squat on the net
2 posts....& no reply leads me to question this recommendation.....
& the fact that I live near Griffs..... Never eat the CFS.....
I have eaten there...cuz the OReillys I worked at was closeby....but mostly brkfst burritos...which were muricanized (not spicy)

Last edited:
2 posts....& no reply leads me to question this recommendation.....
& the fact that I live near Griffs..... Never eat the CFS.....greasy....
I have eaten there...cuz the OReillys I worked at was closeby....but mostly brkfst burritos...which were muricanized (not spicy)

Don't think I've had the CFS at Griff's. but I've had steak fingers there on numerous occasions and always thought they were top notch.

Don't think I've had the CFS at Griff's. but I've had steak fingers there on numerous occasions and always thought they were top notch.

The steak fingers at Pepperbellys in San Saba were really good last month. Was pleasantly surprised.:thumb:

Here's the CFS at Your Mom's for your consideration. And what's left of a glass of their home-made beer in the background. Sides here are mashed potatoes and fried brussel sprouts.

Long thread and sure I posted this awhile back but..... friendly reminder for the Atown or DFW peeps -. JayJay's Cafe off Little Rd./I20 is awesome and they have homemade pies

This is the second year we ordered 20pies from them for Pi day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Here's the CFS at Your Mom's for your consideration. And what's left of a glass of their home-made beer in the background. Sides here are mashed potatoes and fried brussel sprouts.View attachment 229814

I remember you telling me about this place before. It needs to be on list for sure. Thank you for the reminder. Looks good.

When yawl go post up, I may meet in Bastrop. My sister lives there and I could visit her as well. That is a serious CFS.

Last edited:
When yawl go post up, I may meet in Bastrop. My sister loves there and I could visit her as well. That is a serious CFS.

Thinking of the 23rd at 11am for Moms.. It may be rainy but I want to go cheer on asspar at the torcs race in Rosanky at 1:45pm.

March 23rd is CuznBob's start the season bash in Austin at his shop. Posted on TWT. If you haven't been to one it is really fun, lots of bikes and friends. Maybe another day on the CFS.

Last edited:
Back