• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

Rode out to The Jay Cafe (no relation) in Needville today with a few friends: 3 out of 5 got cfs and it is as awesome as ever. Washed it done with a piece of coconut cream pie and still not hungry.

Rode out to The Jay Cafe (no relation) in Needville today with a few friends: 3 out of 5 got cfs and it is as awesome as ever. Washed it done with a piece of coconut cream pie and still not hungry.

Did you get any food pics? Man I have not been there in forever. Was a pie run and the weather turned soar fast. Rain storming down in bucket loads.

Did you get any food pics? Man I have not been there in forever. Was a pie run and the weather turned soar fast. Rain storming down in bucket loads.
Sorry, didn’t think to until I was half way through it. Everyone ordered the small one, trying to save room for pie. I finished the CFS and ended up leaving half of my mashed potatoes; still was a struggle to get the pie in. Hope all is well on your end.

Sorry, didn’t think to until I was half way through it. Everyone ordered the small one, trying to save room for pie. I finished the CFS and ended up leaving half of my mashed potatoes; still was a struggle to get the pie in. Hope all is well on your end.

Everything is good except work but that is another story to itself.:giveup:I need to try to make it back there again here soon.

While riding thru Kerrville on Easter Sunday, returning home from a weekend of hills and twists, we searched for a restaurant for lunch. Not many open but we stumbled upon The Humble Fork. Gorgeous old building. Might be slightly more upscale than most of the places listed here, but they welcomed us in t-shirts, jeans and leathers and the manager was a biker. Had an awesome CFC. Don't think they had CFS.

Billy B's Cajun Grill in Mansfield, LA. I know it's not Texas but great CFS nonetheless.

Had a good one today in San Marcos at Grins
God I used to Love that place when I went to school there. That was a ways back. My daughter went there as well. There used to be a place called OST, one in San Marcos and the other in Seguin Texas. That might have been before color TV.

While riding thru Kerrville on Easter Sunday, returning home from a weekend of hills and twists, we searched for a restaurant for lunch. Not many open but we stumbled upon The Humble Fork. Gorgeous old building. Might be slightly more upscale than most of the places listed here, but they welcomed us in t-shirts, jeans and leathers and the manager was a biker. Had an awesome CFC. Don't think they had CFS.

Just looked and they show a 6oz CFS with sides for $10 on line.

Had a meet and greet at The Oscar store near Temple last Sunday and I am glad that they are not any closer. The owner is cool there and the chow on the same plane. The CFS there was really good and one of the few places that is not scared to serve a baked potato for lunch instead of fries. Did eat at Crazy gals again in Burnet also for my CFS fix lat week. Really good also but closer so..................

Ellen's in Dallas is pretty good and so is Miller's in Galveston. When I went to college in San Marcos there was a place called OST. They had a location in Seguin too. Best chicken fried steak I've ever had. Go back every couple of years and have not seen it.

Ellen's in Dallas is pretty good and so is Miller's in Galveston. When I went to college in San Marcos there was a place called OST. They had a location in Seguin too. Best chicken fried steak I've ever had. Go back every couple of years and have not seen it.
I remember a place that I went to outside of Seguin that had good CFS and even better pie. Trying to remember the name. Carl had told me about it. Need to do a ride down there to try them out again. Now my tiny brain needs to remember the name of the place.

I remember a place that I went to outside of Seguin that had good CFS and even better pie. Trying to remember the name. Carl had told me about it. Need to do a ride down there to try them out again. Now my tiny brain needs to remember the name of the place.

You have TBS and I have CRS

KP Jeanie and I are going to Oscars Store tomorrow. That was a good 7 out of 10 CFS
I liked it a lot. Just glad their a bit away from me to save me money. If you need I will volunteer to guard the Casita so it is safe while you two are gone?

Back