• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where to ride in Plano?

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Well after 4 years in Seattle, I am trying very hard to get back to Texas (just too wet and cold up here!!). I have an interview next week for a job in Plano, Texas (Really hoping I get it) but having never lived in Plano (was hoping to get back to Austin!!) I have no idea if there are many dirt bike parks to go riding in Plano (My daughters are not old enough to ride on the road) and if anyone knows of any paragliding sites around Plano? Might not get the job, but if I do it would be great to have an idea of where we can go riding & flying..

Gary

Trophy club has a riding area up in that region. Red River is only 50 miles away too.

Cool our home office is up there and I am up every other week for a few day be good to catch up

There's nothing in Plano proper. All the land in the city is developed at this point. The aforementioned Trophy Club park is about a 45 minute drive, depending on where in Plano you live.

Good luck on the interviews! Things are really booming down here.

There are a number of places within a hundred miles of Plano; I ride street and dual sports, so I'm not really "up" on what's current in your style of riding, but there are places. And, if 100 miles sounds like "far", remember you're moving back to the great (in both spirit and size) land of Texas. Riding the way I do, the best place to ride in Plano is somewhere outside of Plano.

Thanks Guys, Plano is the closest I have managed to get top Austin for a job!! It's far better than Seattle. Hoping if I get the job I can go for the odd weekend and ride with Rman & the old crowd again.. Budz it would be great to catch up with you again, I have a couple of CRF450X's so if your up for it you could stay with us for a few weekends and come riding!! Just bring your helmet, boots and some clothes!! We can even take you paragliding, both my daughters (14 & 16) are licensed pilots as am I and my wife!!

Wish me luck with the interview, I so want to get back to Texas!!

Gary

Bump to an older thread but...with TC under water, any other recommendations? I need to take that TTR out to play!

There is Village Creek in Kennedale.
May head out to crooked creek, out toward Waco next weekend. Not sure on day yet. Never been to either one, but look fun on youtube. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, Plano is the closest I have managed to get top Austin for a job!! It's far better than Seattle. Hoping if I get the job I can go for the odd weekend and ride with Rman & the old crowd again.. Budz it would be great to catch up with you again, I have a couple of CRF450X's so if your up for it you could stay with us for a few weekends and come riding!! Just bring your helmet, boots and some clothes!! We can even take you paragliding, both my daughters (14 & 16) are licensed pilots as am I and my wife!!

Wish me luck with the interview, I so want to get back to Texas!!

Gary

The big question is? How did the interview go. Paragliding sounds good I have never done that before

Back