• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WHICH HAMMOCK?

Reaction score
I'm pondering the addition of a hammock, to my sleeping options

Which one are you using? brand, model, bottom or side entry, materials, color, accessories .....

If a tree limb fell on it, rendering it unrepairable, would you replace it w/ one like it or would you replace it with a different brand/model & why?

Any actual information would be helpful

I'm 5'11" & weigh 260# and sure could use some input

thanks

sw

If a tree limb fell on it, rendering it unrepairable, would you replace it w/ one like it or would you replace it with a different brand/model & why?

I like your question about what one would do should their hammock be destroyed.

I have used the Hennessy Safari Deluxe for the last year and a half. It is the side entry model, which seems fine with me. I have not tried the bottom entry type.

If I had reason to replace it I would go with another Hennessy, but a different model. I am 6' 1", 190lbs. I bought the Safari Deluxe because I was worried that the models for 6' and under would be too short. Based on the ample size of the Safari Deluxe, I am guessing the Expedition model would fit me just fine. Plus it would pack just a bit smaller also. An important feature when moto-camping.

Good luck with your research.

Dang, I just watched the video on the Hennessy Hammock with the bottom entry, because my brain kept rebooting every time I tried to imagine the concept, but dang, that's pretty cool!

As long as it's not a banana hammock. :eek2:

Used one of these many times in my military days, loved it!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lawson-Hammock-Ridge-Camping-Forest/dp/B000YLIX7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358218529&sr=8-1&keywords=tent+hammock"]http://www.amazon.com/Lawson-Hammock-Ridge-Camping-Forest/dp/B000YLIX7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358218529&sr=8-1&keywords=tent+hammock[/ame]

Back