• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Which motorcycle jack?

Nice! Should be perfect for your needs! No more quarters for the gas station.
You can say that again. Compressor works great, as does the tire inflator thingy.

I was able to get the bead to seat using yalls suggestions. I inflated the high pressure tube then aired up the low pressure liner. I kept blowing it up until the bead sat. Then released pressure.

Did have an issue, any air pressure in the liner seeped out from around the high pressure steam. I tried deflating and reinflating all kinds of ways. So I'm stumped and fed up now. I let the liner deflate itself until air stopped seeping, ukn psi, too low for my gauge to read. The inner liner is holding at 110psi though.

Gotcha

064-1330-4_a90f1dc9-cd4a-4353-9cc2-92a29e8d00e6.jpg

A small pancake compressor(2.5gal) would fit nicely under that workbench

My thoughts exactly. Can carry in pickup too . Get a decent dc ac inverter and will have air power anywhere. Some pancakes have enough reserve to run a air tool a little.

Heres what I have. Light duty inflator but have run brad nailer and staplers withit in the field. The pancakeswill be more powerful. Like everything, depending on how crazy you want to get with the cash and future needs. Mine has been fine as an inflator and is light weight. Is discontinued model...

I'll have a look. Thanks for the suggestion..

I had one similar, my dad gave it to me one birthday or Christmas and I kept it in the truck tool box. I used it a lot up until the hose connection broke off at the threaded end that goes into the compressor body. I still have it, intended to fix it but, you know how that goes, still sitting in the case in the same condition. Perhaps I should look at getting another.

I've got an SAE lead on the batteries of both bikes for the Tender of course. Think that inline fuse would be enough to power it with a spare connector? I think it's 10a but I'll need to double check.

And wrapping up the kickstand, its painted and drying
View attachment 241012
Omg. Outstanding

I need to get one of those chargers for my strom since I dont think i will be able to self charge it any time soon.

Next...bleed the air out of the Jack then try it out .

On the TTR slides under fine but can't get it in position w kickstand down. Gotta stand it up.
View attachment 240400

Lifted no problem. The platform arm are almost to far apart to support the TTR frame and motor. I'm thinking of adding a top plate.
View attachment 240401

Otherwise the lift did just fine on a warmup weight 200lbs. I did slowly roll the bike around on the stand, it was stable. I didn't have it strapped down so I didn't get too confident. The two swivel wheels do have caster locks but the stand will still move a bit. This jack does not have deployable stabilizers or bolt to lock it to the floor. I might modify and add some. Drill a hole, weld a nut, add a threaded hand knob.
View attachment 240402

Now to the WR. Slides under just fine under the larger frame. Also can leave it on the kickstand and no interference.
View attachment 240403

Lifted just fine. Both wheels up and it's not high off the ground. Jack worked a little more but the WR is well within capacity. I left the bike on the stand since I'll be repairing the front tire. I lowered the stand to the closest stop and called it good.
View attachment 240405
That looks identical to mine that I got in 05' and it worked great on my VTX & my GoldWing.
It should serve you well. My son sneaked it out to change a tire on his car.:headbang: But it worked.:clap:

The jack has been doing well working on the WR these last couple weeks. I am happy with the purchase and curious what other jobs it may get. Like you son figured out, I can see why I'd work for a car tire change. Having a Dodge Charger to care for in another life, the jack point was right behind the front wheels on the body subframe, this would work.

Back