• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Whiskey, Whale Sharks, and Dragons, Oh My! -Kegan and Vic explore the South

Nice story. I enjoy your trip reports when I'm trapped at work and unable to ride. Glad you guys had a safe one.

Excellent report. Thanks for sharing. :clap: :thumb:

I was at the races at Barber over the weekend as well. I'm curious as to why you had to buy race tickets to get into the museum. The only reason I can see is if you just wanted to do a lap around the track, then you would have to pay. But, you should have been able to go straight in to the museum. :scratch:

I love your ride reports. You two look like you're having a lot of fun, and Vic is very photogenic.

P5010782.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Water-cooled machine gun; air-cooled bike. What's up with that? :lol2:

Great ride report, thanks for sharing. We rode to the Dragon last year so it was nice seeing places we had visited.
Marty

Necro thread - stumbled apon it.

What a great read - such a fun adventure !

Hope OP is still riding - wonder if he ever married that pretty girl?

Ha, thx dude! Married, kids, the whole bit. We ended up moving back to CA in 2011 (read about that ride here), did a ton of great riding out here, including a few more SS1ks, out to Yellowstone, up and down the coasts and sierra, got my race license and won a few novice trophies, all kinds of fun stuff. Since COVID I’ve been moto-ing less and less, basically only for commuting now. I’ve fell into bicycling and am now racing in spandex instead of leather. Heckin’ lot cheaper and less time commitment! Still have a few motos (zero fx-s commutercycle, KTM 790 Duke for BRAAPS) kicking around just in case the bug bites me again though!

Thx for the post bump, hope y’all are doing well out there :rider:

LV Bandit, thanks for reviving this thread.

great read, the whole time I’m wondering if these kids still ride…

pretty cool the OP responded and great to hear all the good news: married, kids, still ride…and at least still lurking on ol TWT

Ha, thx dude! Married, kids, the whole bit. We ended up moving back to CA in 2011 (read about that ride here), did a ton of great riding out here, including a few more SS1ks, out to Yellowstone, up and down the coasts and sierra, got my race license and won a few novice trophies, all kinds of fun stuff. Since COVID I’ve been moto-ing less and less, basically only for commuting now. I’ve fell into bicycling and am now racing in spandex instead of leather. Heckin’ lot cheaper and less time commitment! Still have a few motos (zero fx-s commutercycle, KTM 790 Duke for BRAAPS) kicking around just in case the bug bites me again though!

Thx for the post bump, hope y’all are doing well out there :rider:
Awesome to hear it!

Gotta love it when bumping a decade old thread gets a response from the OP within minutes!

Back