• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

White river cabin rental, arkansas ozarks

THE FISH ARE BITING! Up two weeks ago and caught more Rainbows and Browns than I could count. The river is in beautiful shape, clear and cool with minimal generation. Headed up that way again today and will post up some pictures when I get back. E-mail me if you would like more info on a great place to fish, ride and relax.

I'm inquiring on behalf of two TWT riders and a few others from around the country that participate on a small forum called ActualRiders. We are a small group that meet annually for a few days. Usually from 5-8 riders arrive from Canada, Minnesota, Michigan, Utah and Texas. We've all met and known each other for over five years; they were my first group of riders to ride and meet up with. We are more than just a group, we are a family.

Next year's candidate is the Ozarks and we are looking for a base camp, aka cabin. Your place was suggested by a fellow TWT rider. I'd like to discuss with you if this is a possibility.
Thanks.

Would love to have you guys up. I am out of pocket for a couple of days but can give you more info Thursday. Or you can call me and I can give you more info before. 214-912-6564. Best method of contact is via e-mail.

Last edited:
When the river is high and the sun is blazing............grab a cold one and head down to the dock.

My friend Mike from Minnesota with a late afternoon catch this past week.
945671113_n9Nve-L.jpg

AFTER............
945672249_ys8oD-L.jpg

Forecast highs for next week are mid-eighties and lower sixties at night...delightful. :sun:
Had a recent cancellation and I am unable to make my trip up next week so we have some late summer openings

February Bump....

Spent a week at the cabin late January and early February.. River levels were low and the fish were biting on the Norfork and on the White at my cabin. Last minute rentals are not a problem, so if you see a warm weather spell forecast and want to get away, give me a call.

Just got back from a few days at the cabin. River is finally down and the fish are biting..caught lots off the dock. Great time to go for a ride, fish, or simply head up to relax.

Cabin is awaiting.....beautiful time of year. The fish are biting, the river is running cool and clear.
Shoot me an e-mail or pm for info.

Near sunset, view from my dock last Saturday,

CA05151208553848-L.jpg

Thanks alot reserved the cabin and cant wait to get over there now.

I've stayed at the cabin before and it's quite enjoyable. Has anyone who rides a big cruiser stayed there? I have a couple of riders interested in going but they are on big baggers.

Are the baggers coming on a trailer or riding? The hill up and down to the cabin can be a bit hairy but is doable by just about any bike out there and I've seen pics of lots of folks with all sorts of bikes at the cabin.

That said, if they arrive on a trailer, it might be wise to trailer them back over the hill and drop them off at the main road depending on rider skill and such.

It's totally doable, but will put some riders out of their element for sure if they aren't prepared.

It's an unpaved country road up and over a hill. No biggie except for those on street bikes who never leave the pavement.

I've stayed at the cabin before and it's quite enjoyable. Has anyone who rides a big cruiser stayed there? I have a couple of riders interested in going but they are on big baggers.

I have an alternate route through a neighbors farm that bypasses the hill entirely. The alternate does go over a rough railroad crossing but it is not too bad at all. The other, normal route down the hill to the river bottom is very steep and can be a little spooky for big street bikes. There is 2 miles or so of good gravel road from Calico Rock but you can ride this on any bike. Ive done it on my old BMW R80RT and on sport bikes.

I have an alternate route through a neighbors farm that bypasses the hill entirely. The alternate does go over a rough railroad crossing but it is not too bad at all. The other, normal route down the hill to the river bottom is very steep and can be a little spooky for big street bikes. There is 2 miles or so of good gravel road from Calico Rock but you can ride this on any bike. Ive done it on my old BMW R80RT and on sport bikes.

Bit of bad news....my neighbor chained her gates and I will no longer be able to grant access to the cabin via the alternate route. Seems some local riff raff were taking advantage of the access without permission and ruined it for all. You will need to go down the steep hill for access. The good news is the county came in and fixed up the road, grading and grooming so it is in excellent shape. Keep in mind you can drive the with most any car. The road is not muddy or rutted, just a bit steep.

Back