• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who all leaves 'em stock?

New '08 v-strom...
1. Madstad windscreen bracket
2. Audiovox cruise control
3. Sargent seat
4. Cal-Sci windshield
5. Center stand
6. Bags and top case
7. redrill top rack to move top case back 2 inches
8. Conti Road Attacks
9. GPS

Now it's just about right..... time for a new bike!!

Just picked up an 05 Vee, it's stock, for now... :trust:

978439101_kTGit-X2.jpg

Do you get Farkle Fever whenever you come into a new ride?

I went crazy on the Africa Twin.

Didn't feel the need to do much on the VFR1200X.

Center stand and lowered pegs and its all good.

Yep, I’m guilty. Already ordered a new skid plate and rear rack for my 701. Next will be luggage or who knows?

My bikes were stock all the way home from the dealership then it starts getting changed to suit me.

The FJR has been the most stock bike I've had. Even then I hesitate to call my add ons modifications.

I am actually enjoying the stock exhaust.

It was only pefect till you got home. Then game on change everything! :eek2: My last new bike is a year old. Little over 10k and still like the day I bought it other than sheep skin butt pad. So I guess I didn"t leave it stock and it"s going to need some tires. It"s been 14 months better look into aftermarket pipes, stage 1tune, new seat and a color matched back off whip!

I do as little as possible. On KTM dirt bikes, a taller more comfortable seat. When needed update springs. And by necessity add a spark arrestor.

I'm not sure you can leave a bike stock. Who is going to install the original tires or shocks when the old ones wear out? Sometimes I think that manufacturers put lower quality shocks on their bikes because they know any serious rider is going to immediately replace it with a shock that is sprung to their weight and taste. The X is pretty much stock, but I changed the pipe to get a spart arrestor, changed the rear sprocket to steel from aluminum, have more shocks for it than I want to admit, went through several brands of tires...

So I guess it depends on what "leaves them stock" means.

My stuff is usually pretty stock. I’ve never opened up an engine (aside from top ends on dirt bikes). I did do some drilling on the stock exhaust of my SV1000 when I had it to give it a little more voice. I also remove decals from just about everything. Aside from that everything has always been stock.

It’s not because I prefer stock. There are always things I WANT to do to my bikes, but I’m too cheap to actually do them.

Seats and suspension is where I like to put my money... and lights if it is a BMW :roll: :-P

The few bikes I have ever bought new got new tires within a week or so of me getting them home. I don't know what it was back then, but stock tires were almost always horrible.

I also remove decals from just about everything. Aside from that everything has always been stock.
It’s not because I prefer stock. There are always things I WANT to do to my bikes, but I’m too cheap to actually do them.

That pretty much describes me too. Other than luggage, I've never done much. Way back when, I put a BMW R100S fairing on my R80ST and I currently have a Dart flyscreen on my Guzzi.

Back