• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Yesterday morning I was regretting not switching jackets on the ride to work. Afternoon was great though. Love this time of year for riding.

66 on the way in to work this morning. Nice cool ride. Now the way home at 4 will be way different.:sun:

Not here yet in Sugar Land... extremely hot ride this morning... Sunday likely a repeat... Monday hope.

Tuesday looking good for a Cycleland ride on the dirty bike!!

I was reminded last night riding home from work, 63* is too cool for me with just a summer mesh jacket. Time to up my game!

I had to go full on polar bear this morning at 40. It was maybe a little overboard but I stayed warm for sure.

I'm going that route today, I still wasn't warm yesterday! Might just need to get use to cool weather.
I had to go full on polar bear this morning at 40. It was maybe a little overboard but I stayed warm for sure.

Nope, summer is back. Rode from Sugar Land up to old Katy to meet buddy Mitch for Mexican lunch. Hwy 99 was a parking lot: stop and go Saturday traffic, add feels like heat of around 94F: misery. Cagers were spectacularly chaotic today, even a squirrel on ride home decided to play dodge "em. Ride utterly wiped me out. Sheesh, I guess some rides are better than others. Good news is Guzzi starting problems fixed with new battery, cleaned switch and using bare finger on the button: yes, my gloves make the press vague. Maybe Sunday will be better, taking the MV out. Monday a ?

Took the MV out this morning... and dang even with t-shirt, and heavy shirt and mesh jacket I got chilled cruising at 70 mph.... we are in that in-between weather pattern. Gorgeous day though, plan on going again Wednesday morning, may put on light leather jacket.

Looks like more cold coming! Big jacket time, lol.

The temp is too hot... The temp is too cold...

1571918163344.png

Finally started riding in yesterday. Since it's National Grouch day, I'll add this... the road just before getting to my office puddles badly with any good size rain. That and big trucks turning in and out muddy up the road for the next couple of days, sometime longer. I can put up with my car getting all gunked up, but not my bikes.

Jacket?! I always wear a jacket. I've got more motorcycle jackets than Imelda Marcos have shoes. :lol2:

Finally started riding in yesterday. Since it's National Grouch day, I'll add this... the road just before getting to my office puddles badly with any good size rain. That and big trucks turning in and out muddy up the road for the next couple of days, sometime longer. I can put up with my car getting all gunked up, but not my bikes.

Jacket?! I always wear a jacket. I've got more motorcycle jackets than Imelda Marcos have shoes. :lol2:
Wet mud on roads equals scary on street bikes! And yes I too wear jacket daily, just meant HEAVIER jacket, lol! Trying to decide if I ride in today or not. Roads still wet and pretty cool outside (cold). High 40's!

I'm glad my truck got fixed, last few days of work this week having to ride in, least it was nice. Well, it's cold today and wet. Coming home would have hurt lol

Wet mud on roads equals scary on street bikes! And yes I too wear jacket daily, just meant HEAVIER jacket, lol! Trying to decide if I ride in today or not. Roads still wet and pretty cool outside (cold). High 40's!
I figured that's what you meant. :-)

No way I was gonna ride in today. Wild West Autoplex has a Kawi Demo Ride event today and I was planning on stopping by in the afternoon. Not in this gumbo!

I figured that's what you meant. :-)

No way I was gonna ride in today. Wild West Autoplex has a Kawi Demo Ride event today and I was planning on stopping by in the afternoon. Not in this gumbo!
Gotta admit I didn't ride either, they sent me home anyway, my job is not needed when it's wet and cold.

Hey Rob, this thread is starting to remind me of a very popular thread on another forum I used to frequent. Riders would checking in - sometimes every day - on their bike commute status/experience of the day, or the prospect for the next day or week. Reports of trouble spots are posted and appreciated also.

If you don't mind, why don't you retitle the thread to something like "Who rode in today?" or something of that generic nature. I'd be a regular for sure.

Yep, I'm going to have a couple of cold morning rides. Only one 4 wheeler here and wife needs it a couple of days. Looking at high 30's one morning I think.

Back