• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Been off the bike for a couple of weeks for no good reason. Mild temps today but some more sunshine would be nice. Tomorrow looks less cloudy but I am scheduled to have the day off. If I have errands, I may run the bike. :rider:

Had a beautiful ride in this morning and would take a lunch ride if my day was not booked with meetings. I'll be running out at 4 and may take the long way home.

Chilly this morning, but I'll probably ride.

I had a good ride, but almost got run into the curb by a box truck. He u turned in front of me, then cut over into the left lane I was occupying. The rear ABS went nuts, but I was able to slow down and move over enough to dodge him. He was nice enough to get out and apologize when we stopped at the next light. Still, it reminds me that I need to practice hard braking more on the Twin. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten on the front brake harder, but I didn't due to lack of practice and familiarity.

Last edited:
No work Friday. Small crew to Del Norte Tacos in Godley.
1583507788793.png

1583507820095.png

Armando Almeida photos.

I had a good ride, but almost got run into the curb by a box truck. He u turned in front of me, then cut over into the left lane I was occupying. The rear ABS went nuts, but I was about to slow down and move over enough to dodge him. He was nice enough to get it and give apologize when we stopped at the next light. Still, it reminds me that I need to practice hard breaking more on the Twin. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten on the front brake harder, but I didn't due to lack of practice and familiarity.
:-( Stay safe brother, I know you are

Dang 44 this morning, ready for a warm up, lol. But will ride to work today and Sunday. Then hopefully off for a couple of days. Part time job and working 9 days out of 11, hmmmm.

Dang 44 this morning, ready for a warm up, lol. But will ride to work today and Sunday. Then hopefully off for a couple of days. Part time job and working 9 days out of 11, hmmmm.
Make that 38 in the river bottoms.

I just rode to get cat food. Does that count?
Absolutely. I just rode to deliver the cellphone my wife forgot, and took to long way back. Every excuse I get...

Was surprised I didn't see more riders out today. 62F and cloudy is perfect AFAIAC.

Did not ride today. Did this instead
IMG_20200307_122658_01.jpg

This is only 1/3rd of it. It was a family affair involving about 4 yds of river rock moved.

For those of us in this thread, riding season is year around, lol.

It was dark this morning but fortunately area school spring break makes the traffic lighter.
The "worm moon" low on the horizon was quite a sight this morning.

A little foggy on the way in but nice temps for a morning commute. Made me want to bypass the exit and keep riding.

For those of us in this thread, riding season is year around, lol.
Being a transplant from Illinois, there are a lot of reasons I like it here better. I'll skip all of the obvious and just focus on year round riding. I almost feel bad for those who have to park their bikes for months at a time. Been there, done that and not liking the idea of doing that again.

I rode in today. Pretty decent ride except on the way home, someone almost hit me at a stoplight trying to merger in the spot I was occupying. They were going likes 1 MPH, but still they got within 2 feet of my hard bag on the back right of the bike.

Last edited:
Rode in today without the cold gear! It was real tempting to turn north and head into Oklahoma.
stay safe out there!

Supposed to hit 84 here today. Hate to be a fair weather only rider, but I'll get back into the swing of things soon. Or just work from home all the time, thanks to COVID-19

Same thoughts here. I rode with just my jacket without a liner. What a day to keep on riding instead of taking the turn into the base.

Back