• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

I checked weather app on my tablet last night and saw 60% chance of rain, so I drove in. Checked again just now and realized I had left my tablet's weather app location on Dallas, TX. :headbang:

I checked weather app on my tablet last night and saw 60% chance of rain, so I drove in. Checked again just now and realized I had left my tablet's weather app location on Dallas, TX. :headbang:
Don't despair. There will be plenty of other days to ride.
This darkness on the morning commute reminds me how abysmal the headlight alone is. It even has the HID mod/upgrade which is supposed to be a significant improvement over the original halogen. I can't imagine how bad that could be. I have to run my PIAA aux lamps to get any decent illumination. They are good but old skool tech. I'd like to move to LEDs and save a bunch of watts. I can hear the engine drag down when the PIAAs fire up.

I noticed my left fork seal leaking when I went for lunch today. Well see what the dealer says this evening. I expect a warranty fix. I've only had it 3.5 months and ~3750 miles...

I noticed my left fork seal leaking when I went for lunch today. Well see what the dealer says this evening. I expect a warranty fix. I've only had it 3.5 months and ~3750 miles...
You'll be very lucky, probably from being stuck the other day. Do a search on cleaning under the dust cover for next time. Very simple and save a lot of dollars.

Had a brand new set of Road 5's installed today. I figured that a ride to the Blessing Hotel might wear the new off the new paws. Lunch was great and the ride was uneventful, so all was good.. I am really liking the Road 5's. I wish I had worn my mesh gear though😡

You'll be very lucky, probably from being stuck the other day. Do a search on cleaning under the dust cover for next time. Very simple and save a lot of dollars.
It probably is from getting stuck. I tried cleaning it when I got home this evening. Used a piece of plastic packaging. A bunch of oil came out and it's still leaking. HoH is calling the mothership first thing in the morning to ask about warranty coverage.

Hope it works out for you.

Well, I think I've resolved my fork issue, no thanks to Honda of Houston or Honda USA. I never did get a call from them and when I went by after work I waited 15 minutes for them to find the service manage only to be told that they left Honda a message and hadn't heard back. I just shook my head and walked out. I rode home, took the fork off, popped the dust seal out, dumped the excess oil out of the seal cavity, and cleaned under the oil seal with a piece of plastic packaging. After a couple cleanings, and bit of stroking the fork manually, it looked like it was good. I put it back together, sans front fender and took it for a little rip around the local retention area and a street with some speed bumps. I left it parked for about an hour then checked for leaks. Nothing. Looks as dry as the right fork. We'll see if it's still like that in the morning. Fingers crossed.

My seal savers are coming in tomorrow, so I'll be installing them when I get them and then getting the bike back together. Hopefully they prevent this from being an issue again, although I hope to avoid getting stuck in the mud again too.

How or have you replenished the lost oil? Probably didn't lose much but forks aren't equal now.

No work for me other than painting but I'm hearing Gov Abbott might impose a statewide shelter in place so I'm going to get out on the 1290 today. We've had 6 inches of rain in 7 days and the trails are a tad wet. Stay safe everyone.

No work for me other than painting but I'm hearing Gov Abbott might impose a statewide shelter in place so I'm going to get out on the 1290 today. We've had 6 inches of rain in 7 days and the trails are a tad wet. Stay safe everyone.
Yes as soon as the roads dry a bit I'm off for a spin. Probably took the last dirt bike ride last Wednesday for a pretty good time. Last minute decision so glad I went now. Between being sheltered in place, trails way too wet (and I fear the SHNF will be closed due to virus before it opens back up), and not taking the risk of getting hurt, it'll be a while.

I might have to burn in my dirt track in the front pasture. Working from home and bad weather have ruined this month. I may actually have to put the bike on the charger if I'm not able to ride soon enough.

With traffic being wonderfully light here in Houston I've been thinking about riding in a bit this week. :coffee:

I believe I will follow the CDC's recommendations for helping my children stay active:

"Encourage your child to play outdoors—it’s great for physical and mental health. Take a walk with your child or go on a bike ride."

Now to see if my 30 year old son, who has his MC license, wants a little mental health break? But, if you read this literally, it doesn't say I have to take my child for the bike ride. They may mean that there should be a little me time separation? Rationalizing too much?

Rode in for the little while I had to be at work this morning. Having what seems like a connection issue with the new aux lights. I'll have to tear into it again at some point and check everything.

Well, I think I've resolved my fork issue, no thanks to Honda of Houston or Honda USA. I never did get a call from them and when I went by after work I waited 15 minutes for them to find the service manage only to be told that they left Honda a message and hadn't heard back. I just shook my head and walked out...

In contrast to this I received Yamaha warranty coverage for fork seals and dust seals after two years and 70,000 miles. Your dealer is the driving force. I say blame them not Honda.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

In contrast to this I received Yamaha warranty coverage for fork seals and dust seals after two years and 70,000 miles. Your dealer is the driving force. I say blame them not Honda.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Agreed. If I were closer to cycleshack I'd likely have had a different result.

Back