• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Since I'm working from home, does just sitting on the bike in the garage count as riding in?

I've ridden in all week. 3 times on the ST and today on the XC.

I don't have to take my little girl to school.

It's only 2 miles, and there are only 4 right angle turns, but I'll take it.

I rode today but last time for a while, busted the rear brake switch so no brake lights, not worth the risk. With all this mess, hopefully I can find the part and get it shipped.

BMW G310GS and they put out a stop sell and recall for seizing brake calipers. The recall is just notification of a serious problem but they have no solution for it and it has been entirely to long with still no solution.

It started with a recall to inspect for corrosion in the UK and everyone they looked at had corrosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Take it back to the dealer and demand an immediate, permanent fix or full refund. That's a no joke, get you killed situation.

Last edited:
i haven't ridden since Round The Bend. The svelte 701 is wondering what sort of place he has moved to; where he is kept under a blankie for weeks on end. And poor neglected Suzi...she feels utterly forgotten. I'm thinking i have GOT to ride in tomorrow.

ok, i never got around to prepping a bike last night so i didn't ride in today. BUT, the 701 is out and ready to roll in the morning. Woop!

I've been working from home since last Monday. House is too small to ride from the garage to the sitting room. :ponder:

Wife parks her car behind the bike, so with her working from home I haven't been on the bike. Might just move her car so I can ride to work today.

I didn't ride, but drove out to Comfort today to meet a lady friend needing some things. I haven't been out that way in almost a year and was surprised at how I-10 is still riddled with so much construction all the way past Boerne. It's starting to look like one long strip mall. Booo!! After we met at the Love's station, and that intersection at Comfort is ALSO completely tore up with construction, I decided to drive back the way I've ridden hundreds of times, back to Sisterdale and Kendalia to dump me back at 281, which I also have not been north of 1604 in almost a year. It was ok, but the bridge over the Guadalupe river is still closed?? They been working on that for a couple years now! But the big shock was when I came up to Borgfield Rd., and saw these huge cement towers. And it got worse from there. OMG I didn't know they building total freeway clear out to Bulverde Rd., and wow it looks 8 lane in some places!! It's a mess!!

Anyway I thought maybe someone would find the road report useful.
The roads were fun in the old 3-series Beemer, but I'll not go I-10 or 281N again for a long time, especially on a bike. Looks deadly!!

Meanwhile, the 1604 parking lot shows no signs of ever advancing from 2 lane highway any time soon.
Guess the rich folks sprawling northward up 281 make more and louder whiney noises.
Let me know when they annex Spring Branch.

I didn't ride, but drove out to Comfort today to meet a lady friend needing some things. I haven't been out that way in almost a year and was surprised at how I-10 is still riddled with so much construction all the way past Boerne. It's starting to look like one long strip mall. Booo!! After we met at the Love's station, and that intersection at Comfort is ALSO completely tore up with construction, I decided to drive back the way I've ridden hundreds of times, back to Sisterdale and Kendalia to dump me back at 281, which I also have not been north of 1604 in almost a year. It was ok, but the bridge over the Guadalupe river is still closed?? They been working on that for a couple years now! But the big shock was when I came up to Borgfield Rd., and saw these huge cement towers. And it got worse from there. OMG I didn't know they building total freeway clear out to Bulverde Rd., and wow it looks 8 lane in some places!! It's a mess!!

Anyway I thought maybe someone would find the road report useful.
The roads were fun in the old 3-series Beemer, but I'll not go I-10 or 281N again for a long time, especially on a bike. Looks deadly!!

Meanwhile, the 1604 parking lot shows no signs of ever advancing from 2 lane highway any time soon.
Guess the rich folks sprawling northward up 281 make more and louder whiney noises.
Let me know when they annex Spring Branch.
They've subdivided and subdivided again now they're all little ranchettes. Many more people than cows now for sure

Rode in this morning, looks like the last time for a week or so. Stupid rain, come back in August. It really seems to help clear my head, to just go ride, even if it's not long enough.

People have been driving weird lately. This morning someone with out of state plates was bouncing his F150 from ditch to ditch to block me from passing. I had someone in a Chevy Taho bump me on Cottondale road last week when I was passing him. Friday I had 2 people working together to do the rolling road block out on another county road between Cottondale and Paradise.

People have been driving weird lately. This morning someone with out of state plates was bouncing his F150 from ditch to ditch to block me from passing. I had someone in a Chevy Taho bump me on Cottondale road last week when I was passing him. Friday I had 2 people working together to do the rolling road block out on another county road between Cottondale and Paradise.
Strange... And a bit scary too..

April fools or serious, that's strange!

Yes it is, but if you were to ride in in Houston today you would see that there are very few people on the road. I usually avoid the 610 West Loop like the plague(pun intended) but right now 70+ is the NORM. VERY STRANGE!!!

Lately??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: my6
Rode to the community kitchen where I volunteer. I don't cook, I just assemble and move food around. Weather was great, a little cool, 47 when I left so I rode my K75RT Took the long route back home 32 miles round trip. Not much of a ride, but considering the current situation, a decent way to stretch my riding legs.

With it being 52 degrees when I opened the garage door man I just had to ride in. These temps are soon to be nothing but a faded memory. As is the norm right now in Houston it was very light traffic and I even got a wave from a toddler out for his morning walk with his granny. Gotta love it! :wave::coffee:

Last edited:
Did a beautiful and serene 130 mile loop on the 690 yesterday before our Easter dinner. Rode around Lake Ray Roberts, South of Muenster, etc. Temperature was perfect, water was running the in all the creeks, and it was green everywhere. Beautiful time of the year.

I tend to ride to work most every day unless I need to buy a 50 lb bag of dog food and a 30 lb pail of cat litter. If I had a Ural with sidecar... I only have a 6 mile/day commute so the odo doesn't rack up quickly. Still, that 6 miles keeps me sane from a full and crazy day.

Sunny but chilly this morning. Felt like 50 out there. Gonna enjoy this while I can. See... global warming is reversing already.

Back