• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Rode in today:

I'd like to ride to work today but afternoon forecast not good.

Made my commute to work on the 6th, 534 miles. Bikes parked at the heliport until the 28th.

Made my commute to work on the 6th, 534 miles. Bikes parked at the heliport until the 28th.
It would take me almost 8 month to ride that many miles to work (round trip). It is nice to be only 3 miles from work.

I rode in Sunday, yesterday, and looks like today as well so long as the rain holds off another 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Where do you park it at the heliport? Do they have a covered area, or do you cover it?

Looks like a string of wet weather in the coming week, but otherwise gorgeous conditions for riding in. Have not noticed much increase in commuter traffic yet, since the start of re-opening. Mix feelings on that one.

Looks like a string of wet weather in the coming week, but otherwise gorgeous conditions for riding in. Have not noticed much increase in commuter traffic yet, since the start of re-opening. Mix feelings on that one.
Have been seeing a gradual increase in traffic on the way home. There was a big increase this morning, and it looks like traffic law enforcement is back on. They missed me, but got some others.

Have been seeing a gradual increase in traffic on the way home. There was a big increase this morning, and it looks like traffic law enforcement is back on. They missed me, but got some others.
Since my route passes the Energy Corridor, I'm guessing a lot of the commuters are - or were - in related businesses. I've been through several downturns in the oil patch, but I've never seen one quite like this one.

BTW, speaking of traffic LEOs. The light traffic has caused speed on BW8 west to shoot up, so much so that I see two full grown bears along the route everyday for the past 2-3 weeks. Unlike the VFR1200F, riding the Ninja 1000 feels faster than the actual speed, so I tend to ride slower than I would on the big smooth Honda V4. Good and bad... depending on how I look at it.

BTW, speaking of traffic LEOs. The light traffic has caused speed on BW8 west to shoot up, so much so that I see two full grown bears along the route everyday for the past 2-3 weeks. Unlike the VFR1200F, riding the Ninja 1000 feels faster than the actual speed, so I tend to ride slower than I would on the big smooth Honda V4. Good and bad... depending on how I look at it.
Starting last Monday, traffic in the Tomball/Cypress areas easily doubled. I was enjoying my 10 minute commute with 100 mph bursts of speed with everyone staying at home. Now it takes me 15 minutes. I know, I'm complaining too much for anyone going into town... I used to 25 years ago. Never again. I'll work as a sandwich artist in my neighborhood before I work in town again.

Where do you park it at the heliport? Do they have a covered area, or do you cover it?
PHI has moto specific parking, not covered though. I brought my own though. It is within sight of the guards, so I feel she should be safe.

Rode today, got a little wet coming home, next week looks dicey but will ride if I can get to work without getting wet. Don't mind getting wet coming home.

Rode today, got a little wet coming home, next week looks dicey but will ride if I can get to work without getting wet. Don't mind getting wet coming home.
I am the same way.
Riding in the rain does not bother me (so long as it is not cold), but I just can't show up for work wet, but going home, I don't care.

Starting last Monday, traffic in the Tomball/Cypress areas easily doubled. I was enjoying my 10 minute commute with 100 mph bursts of speed with everyone staying at home. Now it takes me 15 minutes. I know, I'm complaining too much for anyone going into town... I used to 25 years ago. Never again. I'll work as a sandwich artist in my neighborhood before I work in town again.
You're not kidding about the traffic increase. I was enjoying the nearly empty roads!

I don't envy anybody that has to commute on 249 or 290... or worse, 610. We drove cross town to Harris County Animal Shelter the other day and the traffic, while not the usual gridlock, was already getting kinda thick.

As for riding in... it was clear this morning, but with 90% chance of rain, nope. I don't so much mind getting wet on the way home, either, but it's cleaning the bike I don't like. My OCD just does not allow any of my bikes to sit all gunked up.

I don't envy anybody that has to commute on 249 or 290... or worse, 610. We drove cross town to Harris County Animal Shelter the other day and the traffic, while not the usual gridlock, was already getting kinda thick.

As for riding in... it was clear this morning, but with 90% chance of rain, nope. I don't so much mind getting wet on the way home, either, but it's cleaning the bike I don't like. My OCD just does not allow any of my bikes to sit all gunked up.
But he did find a new friend at the animal shelter

Can you come visit my bike for a day? It could use a good detailing!

Back