• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Got out this morning for a ride. As I turned north up the feeder at 45/Rayford I passed three KTM guys coming out of the Shell station. They passed me up the freeway. Got a wave from them. Stayed off the slab after Willis. Just took my time going no where special. Ended up in Crockett before heading back. Got in a final ride for the year. Back to Chiraqi tomorrow. Happy New Year everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

139644786_860787731365025_4999007279356686926_n.jpg

No excuse now!

Love riding in this time of the year. Nice and cool both ways. Sun is at a good angle to cast a long shadow over where I park at work.

Anybody still planning on riding tomorrow through Wednesday?

I saw a guy here in town (Houston) on his CB750 yesterday morning.

Nope, I have always said my limit for riding is ~33°F.
Not as much about the cold, but I don't want to chance ice on an overpass at all on a bike.
My ride to work only has 2 bridges (1 if I go the long way), but still, don't want to chance it.

As for the next 3 days, I may try to make it to work Monday and Tuesday (extra shifts), but I am scheduled for Wednesday so need to really try to make it that day.

When I got home last night, I plugged the tender in because I know it will probably be at least a week till I ride again.

Anybody still planning on riding tomorrow through Wednesday?

I saw a guy here in town (Houston) on his CB750 yesterday morning.
I was out yesterday (Saturday) to run down to the dealer to pick up my plate and get the service department to pull the springs for my center stand. Dash read 36°, but I was bundled up and had my heart grips going. Biggest problem was the condensation on my pinlock.

Really? I have never had a problem with my pinlock on my LS2 helmet.
My new Bell does not have it, but so far it has been pretty good about not fogging (at least on my short ride to work).
Oh it does well. It didn't obstruct vision, but it was getting lots of condensation down near my nose. Could be the design of my helmet (Shoei Hornet X2) that doesn't cover my nose due to the massive eye slot.

Well, finally got to ride to work for the first time in a week.
I think this has been the longest I have gone without riding since I started riding again in 2017.

I was getting tired of having to park in the "normal" employee parking lot.

Red is employee parking for cars/trucks.
Yellow is a little covered "dead end" exterior hallway where several of us park our bikes, and is right next to the ER that I work in.
parking.JPG

This is the unofficial bike parking area. There are 3 of us that ride regularly (my Wing, a 2016 Wing, and a Triumph Triple), and 2 that are there occasionally (Rebel 300 and a GSXR 750).
Capture.JPG

I have to leave about 5 minutes earlier if I drive my truck due to the walk (although I could use it).

Last edited:
I got out today. I took a ride on one of the few twisty roads south of Houston. I was having a great day. I was doing about 50 mph coming into a blind curve. All of a sudden for a fraction of a second my face shield went black. Then I felt something hit my left shoulder. It was a very mild impact. When I looked in my rearview I saw a very large buzzard flapping around on the ground. It finally flew off, so there was no damage to me or the bike; and no animals were harmed 8^)
But it was a very scary couple of seconds. It's funny. I saw nothing dead on the road and no other buzzards. I obviously surprised him, and he took off from the ground and hit me from the side. I guess it could have been much worse. Kind of a brown stain moment though 8^)

First ride in after a long hiatus. Weather was great, but some idiots got into a rear-ender on BW8 West and tied up traffic for a mile. Some folks seem to have forgotten how to drive properly through the shakeup last week.

Watch out for leftover sand on bridges, flyovers, overpasses, etc.
We drove across town yesterday afternoon for the first time since snowpocalypse and sand wasn't everywhere but some spots had quite a bit of it remaining.

First ride in after a long hiatus. Weather was great, but some idiots got into a rear-ender on BW8 West and tied up traffic for a mile. Some folks seem to have forgotten how to drive properly through the shakeup last week.
Been since before Christmas for me. While I want thrilled to be going to work, I was glad to be riding. I was fortunate enough to dodge idiots today.
We drove across town yesterday afternoon for the first time since snowpocalypse and sand wasn't everywhere but some spots had quite a bit of it remaining.
I've seen plenty of sand on bridges, though not in the usual tire track spots. Haven't had any issues with it, thankfully.

City dumped a truck load over a short bridge right next to the school bus depot near my house, right in my bike commute route. It is gonna take a lot of rain to wash all that sand off.

I had the most glorious ride in today, it has been way to long since i have riden but the KLR'er ran great and seemed to enjoy it as much as i did. I did notice my battery seems like it is about to go out so that probably needs to be changed sooner than later. Im hoping i can start getting in a weekly ride at least bit we will see. working from home has many benefits but not riding daily has been a downside for sure.

Damp ride this AM. Probably wet on the way home. Temps weren't bad. I saw 53F on the bike's gauge. Not my favorite ride but still a ride.

I beat the rain in to work this morning and have a beautiful afternoon to ride home in. The next 4 days look even better and I only have to work on 2 of them!

I have ridden in the past 4 days with no issues.
Off tomorrow and hope to get some riding done before I go back to work Friday and Saturday.

I rode around the rain yesterday. Came in after the first storm went through, went home after the rest of the rains passed. :sun:

Today was a windy and cool ride. 46F showing on the dash. No rains so there is that.

Back