• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

It was 39° this morning. I actually wore a touring jacket instead of the mesh jacket!! It’s just about 30 miles to work.

Finally Friday.
I was ready for that. A brisk but nice 52F this AM. Cloudy and cool. Still not a bad day for a ride..

Finally got to ride to work today after several months I think. I tried a few weeks ago and the battery was dead. That was a first for me as I have always generally rode several times a week pre-covid. Hoping to start riding at least once a week from here on out.

Finally got to ride to work today after several months I think. I tried a few weeks ago and the battery was dead. That was a first for me as I have always generally rode several times a week pre-covid. Hoping to start riding at least once a week from here on out.
Riding is good for the soul. Rain is the word here in Sugar Land, but I did sneak a ride in earlier this week.

I rode in today on my new little steed!

And I look forward to going for a little ride, a little detour on the way home from work.
I think I will hook the charger onto my MV Agusta, and take the Italian terror out tomorrow morning if it is dry.
It has been a difficult week. I need stress relief.

I work from a home office so did not ride to work. I did however go for a nice 50 mile ride this evening south of Victoria. Wow, lots of homes with water right up on patios and sidewalks, cars parked at road because drives are flooded. Really feel for those people.

My detour on the way home added 75 more miles toward the 600 mile break in. Woot!

On Kyle Ranch rd, came suddenly upon a herd of elk, I don’t know who was more surprised, me or them. Was the closest I’ve ever been to elk. I was actually glad for the game fence between us. One was a true monster, had 2 full size trees growing out of his head.

“Tales from Texas, some of them are true.”

Yep on both above. Eventually the big L and H systems will move on. I think I will check air pressure on my bike tires.
Maybe sweep out the garage. Slow Monday.

Yep, seriously bummed here too. Really wishing the rain would quit, though I'm not looking forward to the humidity that is supposed to be sticking around after the rain departs...

Oh, and I just wish I could be at home for my slow Monday. Instead, I'm stuck in the office with limited entertainment options.

Nice ride in this AM. About 72F and dark. Gonna be hot later though. Not looking forward to the ride home later today.

82 and overly humid for me this morning and I also dread what the evening will be like. Still, I can only go so long without riding...

82 and overly humid for me this morning and I also dread what the evening will be like. Still, I can only go so long without riding...
Yes, I completely agree. Even a hot ride is still a ride. It'll be 90 something later today. Not the best time to ride but it happens.

These scattered thunderstorms have kept me from riding in. Same all the way through next week. :-? Might try tomorrow if the forecast stays below 30% chance of rain.

So long as it is not raining on the way to work, I don't care if it is raining on the way home or not.
As far as me the rider getting rained on, I agree. It's the bike getting gunked up I don't like. I'm too OCD to leave a motorcycle cruddy. Doesn't take long for corrosion to set in.

We rode in from Vega, TX yesterday to home, does that count? :rofl:

Back