• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Nice cool ride in today. Only 25+ miles but still a good mix of cruising and then traffic carving. Prolly do the same tomorrow

I actually got rained on a little on the way in today. No rain at the house and felt really nice, but about half way (9 miles total) it started raining hard.
Luckily it was not real far and the Wing provides enough protection at speed that only the tips of my shoes really got wet.
My jacket and gloves were a bit wet, but when I walked in (I have a little covered parking area I sneak into) I was no wetter than those that had to walk in from the parking lot.

Right now I'm only working 1 day a week!!!! But I do ride in. lol

The ride in was good. Perfect temps and no traffic. The ride home at the end of day will suck due to the heat but will still be a ride. :zen: Gotta take what we can get and be thankful.

It was pretty nice riding in this morning. Looks like a chance of getting wet on the way home. At least it's cooler!

Only damp this evening. The Africa Twin has pretty effective weather protection. It sure was nice for it to be only 85° though!

Last week I rode La Junta Canyon in Kit Carson Forest in NM. Great riding!

NM.jpg

I decide to ride to work this morning even though rain was in the forecast for this afternoon. It actually rained and things looked a little bleak for a while. But the rain moved on I got a dry ride home. My GROM remains untouched by the rain. For now. Sweet.

E9wTSrpWUAESdi2?format=jpg.jpg

I only work one day a week right now, rode in yesterday with 40% chance of rain, guess where that 40% was? Right on top of me, I got soaked. No rain gear but did have my jacket. lol

FINALLY! After a long few months... felt like I forgot how to ride, as I was wobbling the K16GT all over the place at low speeds. Some of it was low tire pressure (forgot to air up). But it felt good. :pirate:

It was indeed lovely. Hopefully it'll stick arrive for a while. I know I'm going to enjoy it tomorrow riding up to see the cannonball bikes!

Nice cool AM ride to work in very early Autumn in Central Illinois. About 60F give or take a little. I'll be heading back to Texas soon to get back to my regular riding. Still it's a pretty good morning for a ride even if I am in Illinois. :rider:

I rode in today (I have been for the past few weeks). At 60 degrees, I needed my jacket for the first time of the season. Best time of the year!

I rode in today (I have been for the past few weeks). At 60 degrees, I needed my jacket for the first time of the season. Best time of the year!

It was a chilly 55 at my house heading out this morning. Nice ride though, even though I got stuck in southbound I35 traffic through Round Rock.

It was a chilly 55 at my house heading out this morning.

Took the DRZ in today.

It was cooler than I thought, luckily I only have to cross under IH35
so typically no traffic bothers.

Fridays afternoons are a different story.

I told myself all summer "when it cools down, ride more"

:rider:

Back