• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Been riding every day, including today. Mostly I use the CFR300 for errands or the gym trip. I know shorts and motorcycling look silly and provide nilly protection, but my choice to rock the look.
Goforth, one of the running jokes here is……”no pictures didn’t happen”! :deal:

Been riding every day, including today. Mostly I use the CFR300 for errands or the gym trip. I know shorts and motorcycling look silly and provide nilly protection, but my choice to rock the look.
From time to time if I just running around in Rockport I will ride minus any gear.... doesn't happen often, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!

I keep thinking I need a 300 Rally, but then I get in the freeway and I'm really happy with my Africa Twin again...

Rode in, might be riding in the rain on the way home

It'll feel good if it does. I wouldn't mind it this afternoon and I'm not a fan of getting wet!

A pasty white guy wearing jogging shorts? Trust me, not including photos is doing you a favor.
1658514224994.png

It opens the gate at my office parking lot, we'll see if the tollway picked it up at freeway speed or not.

No worries I've never installed any transponders on the bike and I ride the tolls road almost daily. All they'll do is check the picture of the license plate and charge you for it. I know they also won't charge you any extra b/c believe you me the "gov-ment wants they money."

Rode as well and managed to make it home just under the wire. It's the nature of the Beast when riding in hot humid places isn't it though. It's always a choice between soaking in sweat or getting wet because of the rain.

Well, the old KZ qualifies as that. Bagger has a starter issue and the old Sporty need a carb finish and some brakes.
I love those old KZ's. I have a 440LTD. That someday when I'm old i will get running.:rofl: I rode today not too bad. Yesterday was slightly cooler on the way home, under 100 for the first time in awhile.:sun:

I’ve been riding in all this week, but today I rode in to see a friend and his family. They got to sit on the brand new baby, and I think his wife’s going to be a convert. She demanded I give her a ride down the street to the grocery store! ;-) It was an interesting nightmare to route my way through Houston without hitting roads that are 50+mph, and didn’t take me forever to get through.

Attachments

• 08046B6C-87BB-4D10-A1CF-DE502759808D.jpeg
    08046B6C-87BB-4D10-A1CF-DE502759808D.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 78
So you bought the Cabo 50?
The 125. The dealer sold it to me just over MSRP, and I didn’t have to kick tires like I was looking at for the used PCXs I found north of Dallas.

I probably got hosed by buying the back box from him for $120, but the cover was as cheap as any from amazon, and has better grommets to put a chain through than I have even on my nice cover for the big bike. I like the guy, and he is literally a mile up the street from my house. I felt happy, he has business. About my only complaint so far is that the tire pressure is given in kg/cm or something in the obvious looking places, and in PSI in tiny print in the owner’s manual, nearly hidden. Also, apparently only dealerships get the service
manual from Sym, so I’ll be tinkering blind with help from youboob and searches.

The 125. The dealer sold it to me just over MSRP, and I didn’t have to kick tires like I was looking at for the used PCXs I found north of Dallas...

You insinuated it wouldn't do 50mph so I thought the small one. Does dealer have the Cabo 200i?

I was doing 60 on the speedometer today going down the overpasses. I felt comfortable enough on the highway at 8am, since it was Sunday and traffic was light.

He didn’t have any 200 in stock. I didn’t ask him about ordering them, but he mentioned ordering Wolf brand scooters if I was interested, so he might do the same for Lances.

I had a Sunday evening ride planned after spending the last two days on the tractor digging a new stock tank ... but, hallelujah, it rained in Cypress! It was a nice shower that lasted almost an hour.

It certainly didn't fill the new stock tank - it only made a little mud - but it was enough to make missing the ride worth it. :bigokay:

Back