• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

I often use rain pants over my normal pants. I also have ski pants for when it's really good and in going to be it for a while. RevIt sand 3 jacket on top with varying insulation options under it. My weak point is gloves. I have handguards and heated grips, but I don't like big heavy gloves. I could use an outer wind/water proof layer to go over my normal summer gloves.

I've also been meaning to put some heat shrink on my levers to keep them from sucking the heat it if my fingers. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...

And I don't know why Honda bothers with the heat vents on the bike, as far as I can tell, they blow nothing even resembling warm air, even with the radiaitor vents covered.

Sounds as good as the "heat" vents near the ball turret platform in the B-17.

38* here this morning but I'll give it a shot, I think! lol

Just back from dancing with the bends in Waller and Montgomery county.
Spectacular way of spending time with my mistress.
Weather and roads were brilliant.
Yeah, on rare occasions it does not s.... to live in H-Town.

Last edited:
Colder coming home than going to work. Although temp was a hair higher.

Who said this was a good idea, lol! 34*, left the bike out front since I got home late and needed to leave early. Covered in ice, geeze, lol. But I made it.

Actually got to ride in a few times lately. Nothing more than my normal commute but I'll take it.

Had to put my truck in shop today so had to drive the truck. Ride tomorrow.

Everyday this week.
Including the 38° degree morning.
All quite good so far.
Just have to remember caution though, cold days = cold tires.

Been riding for the last 10 days. As cold as 27 in the morning and loving it! Wind chill at 75mph calculates to around 4.

Only issue I have is I can either have cold air in the helmet or a wet visor. Some mornings are worse than others.

I like this time of year! My bike sits from about June-September with the rare occasion it isn't 85+.

28 here this morning. Got the bike out of the garage and in the driveway where it still sits. Too cold.

Going to ride today but at 38* and frost every where motivation is tough, lol.

Was a touch chilly this am (my thermometer said 41°F), but again, I only have 3 miles to ride.
If I was at the other location I sometimes work at (about 9 miles mostly freeway) I would have added another layer, but my mesh jacket with liner was enough for today.

Actually 34 when I left the river bottoms. Hiway was in the 40s. All good.

Was a touch chilly this am (my thermometer said 41°F), but again, I only have 3 miles to ride.
If I was at the other location I sometimes work at (about 9 miles mostly freeway) I would have added another layer, but my mesh jacket with liner was enough for today.

I used to have a Fieldsheer mesh jacket that would trip people out.

"How are you only wearing mesh when it's 40 degrees out!?"

It had 2 removable liners, one water proof and one insulated. With those in and some layering that jacket was very versatile.

Back