• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who said you need a big ADV bike

That looks like a hoot. I would personally take a bigger bike but not much bigger.

None of these types of videos ever really seem to address the primary concern of this type of riding. How do you afford to do it? Did he make a bunch of money and stash it to cover his expenses? Is Mom and Dad sending him money? Did he win the lottery? I know when I was in my 20's I was struggling to come up with cash for ramen noodles and toilet paper but would have loved to do something like this.

Life on the road with minimal cost would work if you could simplify your life. I had a guy that worked for me for three seasons. He rode a motorcycle - a low cost Honda VT600 and carried everything he owned on it. He couch-surfed and slept in my shop on a hammock rent free as a night watchman. He was paying $20/month gym membership so that he could have a place to shower. He ended up adding a shower in the employee restroom (I paid for the materials) so that he could end his gym membership. When the work season was over, he would hit the road and visit friends and places and stealth camp along the way. I learned alot about budget living through stealth camping and eating from him.

I am in the "don't have it anymore crowd'' sadly. Good vid just too short, would have loved to see some more on Alaska and mechanical notes on the little Honda.

While I don't need a monster I WANT more than that to travel on! I'm big.

None of these types of videos ever really seem to address the primary concern of this type of riding. How do you afford to do it?

A lot of these guys are coders & can pick up piecework online when they need some $$. Find some half decent internet, put in a couple of days & finance the next month of riding.

That doesn’t loo remotely enjoyable to me. Even doing something like that on a big bike seems like it would get old really quickly. I can’t imagine how beaten down I’d be riding that far on a Ruckus even if the weather was perfect the entire time.

That doesn’t loo remotely enjoyable to me. Even doing something like that on a big bike seems like it would get old really quickly. I can’t imagine how beaten down I’d be riding that far on a Ruckus even if the weather was perfect the entire time.

That's a big bike, check out Nathan Millwood's amazing world tours on a Postie!

Being able to strike camp, including tent and all, in 5 minutes and be riding away is impressive.

Awesome. I was having this conversation with some gentlemen yesterday. People saw the world on Honda Dream 305. I have a big engine bike, but it's not about the CC. It's about the journey.

Is he the guy who ended up hitting a dog and breaking a bone and had to abandon the trip?

Back