• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why am I not getting notification emails from the forum?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Some users are mentioning that they are not receiving emails for things like topic replies, new conversations, etc,... Or, if they are receiving them, they are coming much later than when the actual even occurred on the forum. Hopefully, this is a temporary issue. I am actively working at trying to get the email issues sorted. Part of the issue has been because of a serious snafu by my new hosting service that affects email. The other part is just trying to figure out exactly how settings need to be configured to ensure that other email services don't think emails coming from our server are spam. I got the issue with my hosting company resolved this evening. I am still working on the configuration issues.

IF you ARE experiencing issues, please post up here just to give me an idea of how many folks are currently affected. I know many are affected because of the undeliverable error messages I am getting back from their providers.

I'm getting at least a couple of emails in the primary account from "Two". Not seeing anything going to spam,

I'm getting at least a couple of emails in the primary account from "Two". Not seeing anything going to spam,

Any email from the forum should currently show "admin@twtex.com" as the sender. That might change in the future depending on what needs to be done to fix all this.

I was not getting email notifications for watched threads. When I checked my account settings/preferences all the correct boxes were checked. I went ahead and clicked the save button and afterwards I started getting the notifications. Maybe the new server imported the settings but needed confirmation.

Might just be a coincidence JT. I was making changes to the email settings this afternoon that might have made it start working about the time you made your changes ;-)

Back