• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why not...Please sir, I want more Triumph

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
How can I ignore specific threads, without ignoring their authors ?

By not clicking on the thread links :shrug: :-P

Seriously though, I do not believe there is a way to ignore a specific thread. If you simply don't want to get notifications, click on the "watch/unwatch" over above the upper right corner of the first post in the thread.

By not clicking on the thread links :shrug::-P

Seriously though, I do not believe there is a way to ignore a specific thread. If you simply don't want to get notifications, click on the "watch/unwatch" over above the upper right corner of the first post in the thread.
Can't be done right? Only authors.

Please sir, I want more Triumph

The garden is blooming British steel!

52B28CC5-B6B8-4061-B495-71C010F76DED.jpeg

The thread title has moved in a fantastic direction!

For the record, I signed autographs last weekend as Triumph guy.

8FDE7161-2754-400D-AFCA-A936711BDB6C.jpeg

76BF42BA-7B5D-4D89-A185-DBFFC0BBAFB3.jpeg

I posted that on the RAT group on Facebook. It upset them so much that they banned me. (It was not an actual motorcycle post). I think it was my first ban.

....so here is a motorcycle picture. :)

109C0ABA-2963-4810-B458-0F34BDF9039D.jpeg

This was my wife's second bike, a 1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT. A vastly under rated bike!

These pics really don't do it justice. The green is that metallic Imperial Green. It got comments from people EVERYWHERE we went. I might as well have not even been there as no one ever noticed my VFR 800 :-P

While on a trip to North Carolina, a friend let her take a ride on his Sprint ST. When she got off, it was all like, "I think I need a bike that is more sporty..." At the time, there was NO WAY we could swing even a used ST. So she got an 01 SV 650S, which she loved, then a 98 VFR 800, which she loved even more. The Legend was great, but had a few short comings. It REALLY needed a 6th gear. The gas tank only held four gallons, so the range was limited as a touring bike. The battery was a bit small in terms of the needed cranking power and if it wasn't kept 100% charged, it could have trouble getting the bike to start and getting to it required tools, not just removing the seat with a key. That said, the motor was awesome. It was the 885 Triple. They were popular with ladies because of the low seat height. However, I used to take it out for a cruise all the time and shadow the sport bikes through the Sam Houston NF on the local favorite twisty road. I could hear them ripping through gears while I just sat back there in 5th gear the entire time enjoying the roll on torque of the motor. When they all pulled over at the end of the road at the gas station, I would often pull in behind them and they'd come over wondering what in the world I was riding! :lol2: The suspension was a bit soft and under damped, but it still did well enough to have some spirited fun! :rider:

Back