• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why not...Please sir, I want more Triumph

Magnificent!

426BC5EB-A4A1-49E4-A62B-5EF10336CACD.jpeg

Yes yes... that is it! Such a gorgeous bike! The sound from one of those was intoxicating!

I have always respected Triumph, but I never thought I would own one. And then THIS happened!

3doAJoWumerhY8K7Y-JFBGzN1dG0mNuEc6I=w1921-h1072-no.jpg

It's a '17, and man what a machine! Great power, buttery smooth, extremely refined. Just a joy to ride. I'm blessed to have come across this bike. Funny thing is, I fell in love with the Trophy Way back in 2014 when I saw it for the firs time at the International Bike Show. It was a bit pricey, and I didn't peruse it back then. Oddly enough I wound up buying a Victory Vision, which was a great decision. But that is another story.

Let's just say that when the opportunity to buy this came up in 2017, I didn't hesitate. It was fate I tell ya!

It's a '17, and man what a machine! Great power, buttery smooth, extremely refined. Just a joy to ride. I'm blessed to have come across this bike. Funny thing is, I fell in love with the Trophy Way back in 2014 when I saw it for the firs time at the International Bike Show. It was a bit pricey, and I didn't peruse it back then. Oddly enough I wound up buying a Victory Vision, which was a great decision. But that is another story.

Let's just say that when the opportunity to buy this came up in 2017, I didn't hesitate. It was fate I tell ya!
Really dig that black color!

The '14 Trophy SE was my favorite Triumph. I was actually shopping for a '17 replacement, when the K16GT popped up on my radar. Depending on how things go with the BMW, I may yet end up with a '17 Trophy SE. There are still brand new leftover stock to be had.

It was the perfect machine for the trip to the Ozarks.

Really dig that black color!

The '14 Trophy SE was my favorite Triumph. I was actually shopping for a '17 replacement, when the K16GT popped up on my radar. Depending on how things go with the BMW, I may yet end up with a '17 Trophy SE. There are still brand new leftover stock to be had.

It was the perfect machine for the trip to the Ozarks.
View attachment 234315

Outstanding. I am getting ready to head out for a few days on the road with the Trophy. This will be the first road trip we have done together. I usually take the Vision on road trips but this time I want to see how the Trophy does. The one thing I didn't get with this bike was the top box. I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I should get one while there are still some to be had, but I honestly don't think I need it. I don't know, maybe I should pull the trigger before it's too late!

The one thing about the Trophy is that there really isn't much of an aftermarket for these bikes. I have seen zero performance items available. But for me it's OK. I don't have any strong desire to try and get more power from the engine etc. I like it just the way it is. But for others that can't leave well enough alone this might pose a problem.

Outstanding. I am getting ready to head out for a few days on the road with the Trophy. This will be the first road trip we have done together. I usually take the Vision on road trips but this time I want to see how the Trophy does. The one thing I didn't get with this bike was the top box. I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I should get one while there are still some to be had, but I honestly don't think I need it. I don't know, maybe I should pull the trigger before it's too late!

The one thing about the Trophy is that there really isn't much of an aftermarket for these bikes. I have seen zero performance items available. But for me it's OK. I don't have any strong desire to try and get more power from the engine etc. I like it just the way it is. But for others that can't leave well enough alone this might pose a problem.
The lack of aftermarket support didn't bother me at all. About the only farkeling I did was the Pipewerx exhaust. A set of frame sliders would have been nice, but the TTSE design doesn't allow for them easily.

The lack of aftermarket support didn't bother me at all. About the only farkeling I did was the Pipewerx exhaust. A set of frame sliders would have been nice, but the TTSE design doesn't allow for them easily.

No it doesn't. R&G make a set of bars for it and that gives you a place to mount the frame sliders and highway pegs if you like. The engine is a stressed frame member so there isn't much under the bike to mount anything to.

Service on the Trophy is no picnic either. Worse than a Gold Wing by far. You have to remove a lot to get to the air filter, spark plugs, and fuel filter. You have to remove the cam to adjust the valves. You need the Dealer Tool to balance the throttle bodies and bleed the brakes. Not for the faint of heart.

IMG_5899-L.jpg

Hinckley did pack that Trophy SE awfully tight. I was not fond of the big brick of a battery sitting so high and far off on the right side. I replaced it with a Shorai, which is much much lighter.

I find it amusing that the fuel tank was apparently modeled after the Klingon starship Bird of Prey.

I dream of a world where Triumph brings back a liter class bike.

....and it is the new standard.

My Triumph is a liter class bike and very comfortable. Alas, it's been discontinued in the US.

110313_ChristinaTiger_062_a_web.jpg

? That's a Tiger right? It just changed....
Yes, Tiger 1050, no longer imported to the US. In Europe they have the Triumph Tiger Sport. Closest thing is the Tracer 900 GT. The one below is the Tiger Sport.

OK...'72 Trident T150V 750. Bought new at Elephant & Castle Triumph, London. 1 of 2 earliest 5-speeds out of the Works. First brush with death: driving through London in Friday rush hour in the rain on the wrong side of the street 45 minutes after I bought it. Was NOT killed. Thank you Jesus. Amen!

I've heard some horror stories on Triumphs in the past.

What's the reliability and customer support like in 2019 with Triumphs?

Back