• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why not...Please sir, I want more Triumph

I'm just catching up due to starting late.

I'm sure there are a couple of people here that have had more than 12 bikes in their riding lifetime.

Not in the short time period. I think there are some dealers who have had a slower turnover rate than you. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a break in ride yesterday:

Striples.jpg

These bikes are a blast in smooth, paved corners. Can't wait to get it to the track.

I've ridden it up to 72 degrees so far and it seems fine.

Curious to see how it does in 85+.

Cool bikes Jarrett, I'm jealous. Are those two plus the CRF 250 Rally your current bikes? Are you looking forward to the new Tiger?

Are those two plus the CRF 250 Rally your current bikes? Are you looking forward to the new Tiger?
Yeah, I've got the Tiger 1200, Street Triple RS and still have the CRF250 Rally for the little dirt riding I do anymore. It's kinda hard to find much dirt up here as they pave dirt roads pretty regularly. Which means I have search and ride pavement farther and farther to find dirt roads of any length anymore. So the Rally is mostly a dual sport trailer trip bike these days and there are only a handful of those for me a year.

Looking forward to the Tiger 900? Not really. If they had a Tiger 600 or Tiger 700, I probably would be, but these new bikes are still up near 500 lbs. I'm just not much of a fan of "big bikes in bad places" at this point. I'll test ride them to see what's up, but at $12,500++, that's a lot to spend on a second, dirt specific bike, imo.

The only bike I have my eye on at this point is the 390 Adventure to possibly replace the Rally. Would like to go test ride one when they come out. I really liked the 390 Duke. It impressed me quite a bit. It's a lot of bike for $5k new, assuming the 390 Adventure will be as well at around $6k.

I can say the only KTM I've owned was very reliable for the 480 miles or so that I owned it :)

Duke is gone? wow
Yeah, I swapped it for the Street Triple RS. I was going to have to dump $3k into suspension to make it track ready and just didn't want to make that investment (that I'd never get back) to likely find out that 41hp was something I'd outgrow quickly on the track. Street Triple has modes from 99 to 123hp with good stock suspension. But more importantly, it has that Triumph MotoGP2 triple that sings to me :D

Cool bikes Jarrett, I'm jealous. Are those two plus the CRF 250 Rally your current bikes? Are you looking forward to the new Tiger?

Maintaining a sig line with the bikes he owns is almost a full time job. :lol2:

I'm envious. I wish I could buy and sell bikes as much. Actually I'd just buy bikes, which creates a storage problem. Look at the photo of the bikes in his garage. Note how clean the garage is. I don't have a single section of clean garage. I'd need to make room first before I buy another bike. Hmmm, I need to book a storage unit I guess.

Yeah, I swapped it for the Street Triple RS. I was going to have to dump $3k into suspension to make it track ready and just didn't want to make that investment (that I'd never get back) to likely find out that 41hp was something I'd outgrow quickly on the track. Street Triple has modes from 99 to 123hp with good stock suspension. But more importantly, it has that Triumph MotoGP2 triple that sings to me :D
Some day you will experience suspension tuned to you and realize that no stock suspension will be even close to what you need at your size for the track.

Stock suspensions are maybe adequate for 160-180 pound guys. Maybe. For 220 pound plus guys...none of them work.

I have aftermarket suspension on the GS,WR, both GSXRs, and the Wing. The only bikes without it are the KTM Super Duke GT and the Grom and I really need it on both of them too if I was going to track them or go fast.

Case and point, I'm quite certain I could turn faster laps on my 04 GSXR 750 at about 110 HP than my 170 HP KTM SDGT as the KTM suspension just won't allow me to brake and corner nearly as fast as the GSXR.

Unfortunately....upgrading suspension will slow down your acquisition schedule. You have to keep them stock to not lose massive amounts buying and selling as you never get suspension upgrade costs back.

Warning though...once you experience good suspension, there is no going back to stock. It will ruin you.

Some day you will experience suspension tuned to you and realize that no stock suspension will be even close to what you need at your size for the track.

Stock suspensions are maybe adequate for 160-180 pound guys. Maybe. For 220 pound plus guys...none of them work.

I have aftermarket suspension on the GS,WR, both GSXRs, and the Wing. The only bikes without it are the KTM Super Duke GT and the Grom and I really need it on both of them too if I was going to track them or go fast.

Case and point, I'm quite certain I could turn faster laps on my 04 GSXR 750 at about 110 HP than my 170 HP KTM SDGT as the KTM suspension just won't allow me to brake and corner nearly as fast as the GSXR.

Unfortunately....upgrading suspension will slow down your acquisition schedule. You have to keep them stock to not lose massive amounts buying and selling as you never get suspension upgrade costs back.

Warning though...once you experience good suspension, there is no going back to stock. It will ruin you.
Yep. Good boingers will ruin you alright. I did the suspension on my DR and almost immediately realized I'll need to do the new Africa Twin too. Doesn't help that I'm 250lbs. Can't realistically sell the DR now either since I'll get taken to the cleaner's on the all the upgrades (I've done way more than suspension). Still, it's really nice to have proper suspension.

Stopped by ride now austin. They have 3 motorcycle missions bikes for sale. 1 custom Indian and 2 custom triumphs
u1cvdR8.jpg

Back