• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Widder heated vest(sold)

erd

Reaction score
Used Widder system 2 heated vest with heated collar. Size 38 which is a small/medium in men’s size. 33 watts.

The Widder System 2 Vest is the most advanced electric vest on the market. Features include a heated collar with ultra suede lining, heated pockets, Thinsulate Thermal Insulation Â[emoji2400], and a dual-slide zipper. The outer shell is made of urethane coated 600 denier polyester and has a 70 denier taffeta lining. YKK 2-way zipper. This vest actually looks like a real vest and not a baggy looking liner like the other heated jacket liner.

Comes with a battery connector but no controller. You could either wire in a switch or a controller from any other brand.

$40 cash FTF or PP/FF

a0ba50a328209866c1aae3da461ed24a.jpg
e1123e3295128f9a80de09d3aa1eda3f.jpg
e30c3da87ee827db2bf4cd90e7505803.jpg
371b404204be91bbad5eeff4f90f7a28.jpg
88f66f12c89b57c3bc62ae5023105ddd.jpg
78f5392e82af10dc4b87106b06fedecf.jpg

I have one of these and it is awesome! This is a good deal.

I wonder if there is a way to build a battery pack for that? Pretty sure the KLR does not have the guts to run that.

They don't pull much, an airhead will pull it and heated grips. I have one and they are a great heat.

It’s only 33 watts, so if you have any doubts about the electrical system supporting it, you could replace the incandescent headlight bulb with LED bulb (55 watts > 20 watts) and the bike will have enough electrical power to support it.

I really like this vest as it looks good off the bike and doesn’t look like I’m wearing a trash bag like the heated jacket liner that I replaced it with. The only reason I replaced it with a jacket liner is because I always have cold arms and the warming vest doesn’t help with that.

It was stylish enough that I initially kept it thinking I would add a battery pack and make it a warming vest I could wear off the bike. With too many gear and project couple with the fact that I really don’t spent much time out in the cold unless I’m riding, it was time to pass it on to someone else to enjoy it.

Pm sent,
It's worth figuring it out.

The heated collar is the best part. I love it. I have worn mine down into the mid 20's. I generally wear a long sleeve undershirt, like the LD Comfort stuff, maybe a simple sweat shirt over that, then the vest. If it is really cold, I'll wear my mid layer KLIM jacket OVER the vest. Then comes the Badlands Pro jacket. I don't like feeling all bulked up so that it is hard to move, especially around the neck area, which is what the heated collar is so great! I've never had an issue with my arms being cold. Keeping my torso toasty also helps keep my feet and hands from getting so cold because my body lets the blood keep flowing to the extremities when the trunk is warm. I went years before getting my vest and then was kicking myself for waiting so long :doh: I only have a hi/lo switch for mine. A variable controller would be nice.

Back