• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wife is taking the MSF class in two weeks.

Reaction score
My wife has the bug....bad. On her own accord, she signed up. She has back seated with me several times but has decided that she thinks it is for her. She *gets* it and wants the lone peace of a mind clearing ride.

Considering I have personal links in my sig and I am just "me" here, it is no secret my wife is a physician and finance/math guru. Yet, she has an attraction to some really cool stuff. She is not a "pink" and "fluff" kind of gal. Right now she wants a primer black Triumph Bobber. (she likes "cool") but will first pick a "drop" bike to get most of the "ooops" out of her system. Ill bet, once she gets comfortable, she will end up with an adventure bike and a liter class sports bike.

Anyways. Who else has a wife that rides?

Wife has ridden on the back of the bike once. She mentioned in passing that she may be inclined to once the kids are older. We'll see.

My wife finally decided to ride about 2000, after 25 or so years of encouragement from me which was mostly ignored. She enjoys telling folks she got new motorcycle tires for her 65th birthday and was really proud of the warning ticket she got for excessive speed on the way to a ā€œslacker rideā€ a couple of years ago.

My wife rode for 30 years with her big trip being a 47 day 9K mile AK camping ride to catch the 20 year anniversary Dust to Dawson rally in 2012. She finally gave it up at 66 when she said "I've never crashed and want to quit before I do". I'm still hoping she will get a smaller bike but she was always addicted to decent power. We still have tons of riding gear and entire suits and helmets stored away. Over the years she rode three different early 90's VFR 750's, a ZRX1100 Kawi, an R1150R, an R1200R, and a 2012 Tiger 800 she did not like, but I loved. I'm guessing about 120K miles between them all. All ladies should be so blessed :-)

Wife has no desire to ride, not even to ride on the back with me.
Which is weird because she used to like riding with me (and is how we got re-aquanted 30 years ago, had not seen her for about a year after I graduated high school, was out riding one day, saw her car at an old friend of mines house, stopped by to say hi to him, and he suggested she go for a ride with me, and we started dating shortly after that, with frequent bike rides).

I have tried to get her to do a MSF course, but she just has no desire to.
My daughter wants to do a MSF course, but wife has said no (daughter got her drivers license 6 months ago, so maybe at the year mark I can convince her).

My wife rides, has done for 20 years, has done several track days and thousands of miles dual sport riding! My youngest daughter also rides (both Road CBR500RR and dirt on a road legal CRF250X).. I was surprised that she wanted to ride and was blown away when she announced that she wanted to ride dirt and go camping! We do one big dual sport holiday every year, she has ridden the TAT, the CDR twice and many Butler Map BDRā€™s plus load of group day out rides. My youngest daughter loves riding dirt, but will not camp, so we hotel it when she joins us, she has ridden half the TAT, and got half way through the CDR before taking a tumble and breaking her arm, she wants to go back next year and finish the ride!

My wife has been riding dirt bikes for a couple years and just took the MSF course last weekend. She's eye balling a Grom or a TW200. Got to sell a dirt bike first, oh well.

not my wife but had a lady take my three wheel class last week. She was born in 1948 and has been riding two wheelers since the 1960's. She didn't need her "M" of course. She took the class because she had just bought a Ryker and wanted to learn how to ride it! Cool lady!

Not my wife, just a good friend, Mish Mish here on the forum has been riding for years. She had a BMW 1200 and currently rides a Wee Strom. She has no problem packing up her camping gear and taking off on her own. She recently got transferred by her company up to Pittsburg and has been sending me pictures of all of the great places sheā€™s getting to ride up there.

My gf took the class earlier this year and the one take away is that motorcycles are harder to ride than she thought. She admitted day one was rough, she got a little discouraged, but was able to pass the class on day two and she was really happy (two others failed).

Iā€™m sure some will have no problems at all but be prepared to encourage her or even let her know that it may take a couple of tries and itā€™s no big deal.

will first pick a "drop" bike to get most of the "ooops" out of her system
5 minutes later...

018-TriumphBonnevilleBobberBlack-Review-MOTORESS-2.jpg

My gf took the class earlier this year and the one take away is that motorcycles are harder to ride than she thought.
A used NC700X DCT (with lowering link if needed) is a pretty good way to ease into riding. The CTX version seems like a good option as well.

Wife rode backpack with me for many years, then decided to take the class, which she did with my daughter. Even after a bad accident (almost 5 years ago) that resulted in a skull fracture, helo trip to the hospital, and 6 months short term disability, she threw a leg back over and started riding again. She currently rides a Ninja 400 on the street and a Ninja 300 on the track.

Back