• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wild West Motoplex BMW Service, Excellent Service

masterblaster

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
My normal dealers are
Cycle Shack North - very Happy with this dealer as far as sales and service for my KTMs, Honda and Yamahas Service manager Mike is a great guy and will get you hooked up just fine.
Woodlands Harley for Service since Ranch HD sold to new owners. Very good buying experience at the old Ranch HD. have not tried the new Owners yet but have been going to the Woodlands location, they seem to do a decent job, need appointments though.

BMW

Now for my challenge, I bought two BMWs from the North BMW Dealer, great buying experience, fair price on both bikes, took 6 months to get plates though, kind of ruined my whole experience, had leaking fork stanchion on my 17.5 R1200 GSA and had a blinker stop working on the 18 S1kRR, could not get bike looked at until the 11th of Feb but I would not be back in country until the 22nd, si it was then the 25th for first avail, so I brewed on this for a few days. Contemplated getting rid of the Beemers because of negative dealer support. BMW and HD need dealer support because of warranty issues, the Jap bikes not so much, for two reasons, they dont break and the warranty is only 12 months where as the "premium" brands do break and the warranty is two to 3 years 36k miles BMW or unlimited for HD.

So to my point in writing this post, gents at Cycle Shack recommended I contact the Wild West crew to see what they could do, was told to bring the bikes down when I had time. Dropped the S1kRR off yesterday at 1745 hrs yesterday got called at 0930 that bike was fixed, teh blinker was not warranty as I screwed up wiring with aftermarket blinkers, they popped off farings fixed wiring and put it back together, 1 hour charge, very fair in my book. Dropped off the R1200 GSA this afternoon at 1400. got text at 1630 that seals were replaced under warranty. So one day got both bikes back fully running perfect shape. I will be keeping these BMWs even if I have to ride 70 miles each way to get service.. Very similar work attitudes between the CSN stotre and EWild West, good people at both stores..

We all need a good dealer networks with skilled mechs, I am not writing off the North BMW yet as it would be great if they turned up their game, I might have just caught them at a busy time but the Wild West store will be getting my service business from here on out, no matter how far I have to drive.

I have had good experiences with WW BMW as well. That said, I also had several good experiences with the guys in the Woodlands with work on my 07 1200 GS. But, I've not bought a bike from them.

I have had good experiences with WW BMW as well. That said, I also had several good experiences with the guys in the Woodlands with work on my 07 1200 GS. But, I've not bought a bike from them.
How long ago, not real impressed right now.

Wild West is THE place to go for BMW service. My newest bike is a BMW in large part because I knew who would be servicing the bike - I had lots of concerns about that for the Ducati I was alternately considering.

Is everyone still happy with Wild West? ;)

I need some service work and it's quite a drive from NE of Huntsville. TIA

At one time you could take your bike to Cycle Shack in Conroe and they would transport the bike to Wild West. They are owned by the same people. I have no idea if they will still do that but it might be worth calling and asking.

At one time you could take your bike to Cycle Shack in Conroe and they would transport the bike to Wild West. They are owned by the same people. I have no idea if they will still do that but it might be worth calling and asking.
Thanks but being 1st time I've had to put the bike in a shop, I wanted to meet who I'm dealing with. I'm sure you understand. :-)

I went to Lone Star in Austin for over 20 years, but since they sold & closed I have been using Wild West for 5+ years, for three BMWs. I have been completely satisfied will all services I have had done there. Dan and Dave have both been great, and I am very confident in their work. I'll be scheduling another service with them soon. Well, after I finish replacing the R1200GSA's driveshaft. :(

Robert

Dan and Dave have been there at Wild West a long time. I've had them work on two of my GSs and they did great both times. I would not hesitate to use them again, but I have the same problem as you, they are a long way from Huntsville.

10/6

Called Wildwest, said no BMW tech for at least a week, call back!
Sorry to hear of your troubles Rob but at least you have a warranty to fall back on, for the most part.

As of 10/7, my 2009 K13GT is back in Wild West after a week old repair failed due to a "defective" seal. I have a text from them on Friday saying it should be ready next week but I wonder if a BMW tech will do the work. I suppose ultimately that doesn't matter, as long as WW stands behind the work.

I also wonder if WW will replace the pads since they are now contaminated with diff lube.

20201005_155430.jpg

I also wonder if WW will replace the pads since they are now contaminated with diff lube.

You would hope so!

They didn't and they rode the bike 5 miles and said it was ready. When I got it home the evening of 10/14, I cleaned the back end even better than they did including nearly an entire can of brake cleaner on the pads / caliper / rotor. When I rode to work Friday the 16th, the rear brakes were obviously working at @25% of normal and the diff lube is leaking, again. I'm not sure how to deal with Wild West Motoplex going forward and would certainly entertain others advice.

I had a good service experience at Gulf Coast BMW/British USA. In and out in one day, people were friendly, helpful, and not brain dead lol. I’m going to be taking my R9T back there but will keep Wild West in mind, good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encouraging about Gulf Coast but so far from Riverside, lol. As stated earlier I'll stick to what Cycle Shack North carries, they are not perfect but GM is a riding buddy and as long as he's there he'll get it right, and on time. I can come in, buy a tire, get it mounted, at a fair price and be gone in 30 minutes!

I had a good service experience at Gulf Coast BMW/British USA. In and out in one day, people were friendly, helpful, and not brain dead lol. I’m going to be taking my R9T back there but will keep Wild West in mind, good to know.
Good to hear you had a positive experience. What kind of work did Gulf Coast do for you?

Humm aside from a few recalls on my R1200GSAs I've only had one failure (leaky fuel pump on left side of tank) on the new 2007. That's about 120K miles between the two of them. 2007, 82K; 2011, 42K. I was always worried about FD failures but no such thing. Also had R1150's, R1200R, (2) K1200RS's all bought used, which probably did another 150K between them all. Zero issues. I think complexity increasing on bikes may be part of the problem. I maintain all my bikes personally and am an oil and filters change fanatic but it is rare that an oil related failure occurs in these types of discussions. Now don't ask me about the 2013 Moto Guzzi Stelvio reliability, but the dealer was great :-)

Hopefully I get my bike back from Wild West tomorrow and hopefully she's cured. More details once this issue seems like a done deal.
Curtis have them check the breather on the final drive. It sounds like it might be plugged when it gets hot and starts expanding it is pushing fluid past the seal. This would not show on a short ride or sitting in the shop.

Curtis have them check the breather on the final drive. It sounds like it might be plugged when it gets hot and starts expanding it is pushing fluid past the seal. This would not show on a short ride or sitting in the shop.
Not a word from Wild West today. :thumbd: Forgive me if I seem to ramble or repeat something in this thread or even on TWT, I just got home from a nearly full, stress induced due to *emergencies* work day while I'm officially on vacation.

I read somewhere this week about BMW final drives (not even sure it was the K13s) originally leaving the factory with something like 230cc of lube; seals would blow and drives would fail. After the complaints and pattern became apparent, BMW lowered the lube quantity to about 180cc.

Late Wednesday the WW service manager left me a message that he (they?) rode the bike extensively and no leaks were revealed afterwards. Again, I'll post more details once the issue is resolved but thank you much for the input.

Rob's posts and those related to the service woes on his 850 at the Woodlands Dealership have been moved here,

Just want to reiterate that his bike was NOT at Wild West Houston and is at the Woodlands dealership in case there was any confusion.

Back