• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Wildcat enduro

TSCEC_Texas
Test 1 was messed up bad. There was a poorly marked section that came within feet of the trail going the opposite way. Alot of the early rows got messed up.

What forum is that from?

TSCEC_ Texas State Championship on everybody's favorite, Facebook!

TSCEC_Texas

TSCEC_ Texas State Championship on everybody's favorite, Facebook!
Ah. Yeah I'm not on that one lol.

And since it was my first ever enduro and I only lasted five miles I dont have an argument anyway.

Even though my test one time with a flat front was faster than alot of people....

Missing a turn is one thing and is on the rider. Missing a turn that is not clearly marked is quite another. Help at an enduro can be hard to find sometimes and occasionally a section is marked by inexperienced riders not really aware of how things happen at speed. An excess of adrenaline, caffeine, ???, dust and maybe not enough markers can have the blind following the blind. Some things never change. P S, you guys will love Brunes Mill, excellent trails.

Thinking about Brunes Mill myself as I have wanted to ride there, not really worried about competition I am happy as long as my head crosses the line before my tail :)
Yep. The beauty of these events is getting to ride places we couldn't otherwise. And with others there and EMT's they are usually safer. Keeping it fun is the best reward.

Thinking about Brunes Mill myself as I have wanted to ride there, not really worried about competition I am happy as long as my head crosses the line before my tail :)
We plan on having the toy hauler out there, so we will have a nice ac spot for everyone

That AC tent was awesome!!!
On 75 it was too cold(for the wife) But the air outside was around 78 so the ac would shut off every 10 minutes and it would get hot.

If it was just me it would have been on 65

I've always had difficulty finding my way through the North Trail @HF due to "marker blindness". I always chalked it up to tunnel vision (or focus lol) as my endurance peetered off, as I would always warm up on the South Trail first.

Since I didn't race it I have no idea really, but I can't help but wonder if they relied on the existing markers and my confusion is a more shared one than I first thought...

TSCEC Enduro
14 hrs ·
Hidden Falls Recap:
A big applause to all the riders that attended the Wildcat Enduro this past weekend. We had approximately 275 riders that entered the race which is a great turnout on a hot, dry weekend in Central Texas. The staff and volunteers from Hidden Falls did a fantastic job of hosting the race and we hope to put them on the schedule again next year. The TSCEC board would like to apologize for having to throw out Test 1 for scoring purposes. We try to avoid throwing out tests but due to the imposing danger that was occurring with riders missing a turn and then coming back towards oncoming riders we had to make an alteration to the course to correct the issue and keep everyone safe. That change caused there to be a discrepancy in riders times in that test and therefore could not be scored fairly. Fortunately no one was injured during that time and that's way more important than placements being affected positively or negatively. Thanks to Marc and Janaphar Williams and their tireless efforts with scoring. We all owe them a debt of gratitude and please don't pass up the opportunity to tell them. Also thanks to Randal Fowler, our VP that took the time to go to Hidden Falls the weekend prior to the race to double check the course layout. It's a team effort putting on these races for sure! Rest up, fix what needs fixing on your bike and get registered for Boondockers in November. Registration is open on Livelaps so reserve your row now. It's sure to be epic as always!

Back